Registering a .DLL or .OCX with Windows

How do I manually register a .DLL or a .OCX file with Windows?  I'm using
InstallShield, and I realize that it will do that for me, but I'm just
passing these files to someone, and I don't want to have to send them a
complete install to get this thing working.

Re:Registering a .DLL or .OCX with Windows

Jesse,
  There is a utility called REGSVR32.EXE (I believe it ships with Windows,
you almost certainly have it on your system). Syntax is:

Regsvr32  <full path to module to be registered>

Good Luck!!
    -Dave
Inprise Certified Delphi 4 Client/Server developer
http://www.erols.com/dparsons

Jesse Castleberry wrote in message ...
>How do I manually register a .DLL or a .OCX file with Windows?  I'm using
>InstallShield, and I realize that it will do that for me, but I'm just
>passing these files to someone, and I don't want to have to send them a
>complete install to get this thing working.

Other Threads