almost newbie wants to play sounds

Hi!
How can a delphi-3 beginner produce a sound at any frequency ?
(without reading a wav file made with another application...).
Thank you to all

Olivier

Re:almost newbie wants to play sounds

I am interested in the same thing.  But I think your question is almost like
asking how can I drive a car without using a car?  WAV and MIDI file are the
way it's done with modern sound cards.  I don't know why but this does seem far
more complicated than it needs to be.  I have been trying to analyse the
internals of a midi file so that I could have just one midi file, play it with
the media player, then manipulate it so that it plays a different note (i.e.
frequency) then load it and play it again.  I have not finish doing this yet.

Re:almost newbie wants to play sounds

Shakepeare a crit dans le message I have been trying to analyse the

>internals of a midi file so that I could have just one midi file, play it
with
>the media player, then manipulate it so that it plays a different note
(i.e.
>frequency) then load it and play it again.  I have not finish doing this

yet.

This way of reading/writing a wav or a midi file is interesting. How could I
get information about the structure of such files ?

Re:almost newbie wants to play sounds

In article <7i37vr$r9...@front5.grolier.fr>, obe...@club-internet.fr says...

[snip]

Visit http://www.wotsit.org/