Installation Ultility

Expansive or expensive? In any case, take a look at Wise Installation System
at www.wisesolutions.com.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:Installation Ultility

Does anyone know if there is another - less expansive - utility available
that installs an application using the BDE?

Gunter

Re:Installation Ultility

Guntur,

There are some options here:

- InstallShield Express (that should be on your CD)
- Wise

There could be others, so if someone else knows one...

Or, you could create your own. The installation of the BDE is quite simple
if you only need the standard stuff.

Here is how I normally install the BDE for my applications that only need
standard-BDE:

Expand bdeinst.cab (you can find this file in your BDE-directory. You get a
nice bdeinst.dll.

In your installation program do execute the following: RegSvr32 bdeinst.dll,
or TregSvr bdeinst.dll.

This will install your BDE. All stuff is correctly installed without you
worrying how to do it. The only problem is that this will only install the
BDE version you have on your system, or if the BDE is not present on your
target system, it will install the standard-BDE.

Sincerely,

Fred Jansma.

G.dickopf wrote in message <73a202$5...@forums.borland.com>...
>Does anyone know if there is another - less expansive - utility available
>that installs an application using the BDE?

>Gunter

Re:Installation Ultility

Have a look at http://www.youseful.com

G.dickopf <g.dick...@sz-online.de> wrote in message

>Does anyone know if there is another - less expansive - utility available
>that installs an application using the BDE?

>Gunter

Re:Installation Ultility

Youseful has my vote if that counts for anything.

Steve

Pierre du Parte wrote:
> Have a look at http://www.youseful.com

> G.dickopf <g.dick...@sz-online.de> wrote in message
> >Does anyone know if there is another - less expansive - utility available
> >that installs an application using the BDE?

> >Gunter

Other Threads