Paradox 1.0 / 2.0 - conversion

Does any know of an ODBC driver or DB utility which still exists that will
allow me to access the data /table structures of a Paradox 1.0 / 2.0 table.
I am trying to port data to RDMS.

Re:Paradox 1.0 / 2.0 - conversion

If you mean besides the BDE, searching on tamaracka.com got me the
following:

I am trying to move data from a Paradox 9 database to SQL Server via DTS,
through an ODBC connection. When I try to set up the DSN for the connection
using the Microsoft Paradox driver (odbcjt32.dll ver 4.00.6019.00), the only
two options it gives for the Paradox version are 4.x or 5.x. If I choose
5.x, I can connect to Paradox, but the data transfer fails. After doing
some research, I found that the Microsoft drivers don't support versions
beyond 5.x without a current BDE installation. I do have a current version
of the BDE, but I don't know how to set up a DSN that would use the BDE. I
included a link to the MS website and a quote from it at the bottom of this
message. If this makes sense to anyone, please let me know.

Thanks,
Randy Smiley

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dno2...
l/o2kdataformats.asp

'By default, the Microsoft Jet 4.0 database engine supports importing,
exporting to, and linking to Paradox 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x and dBASE III, III+,
IV, and 5 tables (if you link to these tables, the data in them will be
read-only). Microsoft Jet 4.0 does not support Paradox 7 and 8 or dBASE 7
tables. For read/write access from Microsoft Jet to all versions of Paradox
or dBASE tables, you must also have the Borland Database Engine (BDE) 4.x or
later installed on your computer. If you don't have BDE 4.x or later
installed, you can obtain it by installing dBASE 7, Paradox 7 and 8, or
Delphi. If you own an older version of the BDE that doesn't support the
Paradox 8 or dBASE 7 file formats, you can upgrade your engine from the
Inprise (formerly named Borland) Web site at www.inprise.com/. '

"Ricky" <rr...@deck2.com> wrote in message news:3c6b33ba_2@dnews...
> Does any know of an ODBC driver or DB utility which still exists that will
> allow me to access the data /table structures of a Paradox 1.0 / 2.0
table.
> I am trying to port data to RDMS.

Re:Paradox 1.0 / 2.0 - conversion

If using a dos program or 16 bit windows program would work then let me
know.  I have the old pxengine and that may work.
Thanks,
Tim
tsm...@porterlee.com

"Ricky" <rr...@deck2.com> wrote in message news:3c6b33ba_2@dnews...
> Does any know of an ODBC driver or DB utility which still exists that will
> allow me to access the data /table structures of a Paradox 1.0 / 2.0
table.
> I am trying to port data to RDMS.

Other Threads