BDE & ODBC Setup

Is there any way of programmatically creating the ODBC 'drivers' (e.g.
ODBC_TEST for the Data Source TEST)? Alternatively is it possibly to set
programmatically the AUTO ODBC IDAPI.CFG flag to TRUE?

Thanks in advance
John

Re:BDE & ODBC Setup

All driver information is contained in the registry (assuming Delphi 2.0
WIN 95/NT).  Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS.  You can use registry methods to set/create these
values.

John <J...@sysgenics.co.uk> wrote in article
<01bbeb62$53732cc0$8d00a8c0@john>...

> Is there any way of programmatically creating the ODBC 'drivers' (e.g.
> ODBC_TEST for the Data Source TEST)? Alternatively is it possibly to set
> programmatically the AUTO ODBC IDAPI.CFG flag to TRUE?

> Thanks in advance
> John

Re:BDE & ODBC Setup

Mike Heyda <mhe...@btsquared.com> wrote in article
<01bbeb6b$5d36ef90$e9010180@mike>...

> All driver information is contained in the registry (assuming Delphi 2.0
> WIN 95/NT).  Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
> Engine\Settings\DRIVERS.  You can use registry methods to set/create
these
> values.

Thanks. Unfortunately the problem relates to Delphi 1.0 and i couldn't find
anything in the Win.ini where some BDE settings are stored. Any ideas?

Re:BDE & ODBC Setup

Hi John,

I'm also struggling with this question on how to setup an ODBC driver
programmmatically. I once heard that it's possible to do it with some
API commands, but I don't have any Windows API reference material.
Maybe you can look into this option.

HTH

Regina

f1regina wrote:

> Hi John,

> I'm also struggling with this question on how to setup an ODBC driver
> programmmatically. I once heard that it's possible to do it with some
> API commands, but I don't have any Windows API reference material.
> Maybe you can look into this option.

> HTH

> Regina

If you can afford it, I'd look into Wise or InstallShield, which can
install ODBC drivers for you - very painless.  I believe the API
commands to which you are referring are in the installer DLL named
ODBCINST.DLL.  If you want to go the do-it-yourself route, I'd recommend
getting a book on ODBC - I have "ODBC Programmer's Reference and SDK
Guide" from Microsoft Press which has a section on creating ODBC setup
programs.

-Bryan

Other Threads