Adding multiple documents to the active Word document.

I am using D5, Word 97 on NT4.( Some of the clients may be using Word 2000.)

What I am trying to do is put multiple templates together as one document so
that they can be printed as a group (with  x of  y page numbering on each
page).  I have had very limited success so far.  It seems that I either over
right the previous page or get an occasional blank page.  Does anyone have a
simple, effective  way of doing this that will work for Word 97 and possibly
some Word 2000 clients.  Any assistance is tremendously appreciated.

Craig Sears