BLOB field size limit : D3 : SQLAnywhere

On 7 Oct 1997 11:06:25 GMT, "Warren van Niekerk" <senti...@icon.co.za>
wrote:

>I am using Delphi 3.0 with SQLAnywhere. I need to store OLE objects > 32Kb,
>but can't seem to do so.
>Any suggestions ?
>Thanks in advance
>Warren van Niekerk

This is a 'known issue', and sybase has been working on it over the
last few months - they supplied us with a patch which was supposed to
work with BDE ver 4.0 - but we have had no luck in making it work.  I
would say that for now, this is an ongoing issue.

Re:BLOB field size limit : D3 : SQLAnywhere

Hi,

I believe you have to use the "long binary" datatype and not the
"binary" datatype. The binary datatype doesn't allow anything over 32K.
The User Manuals explain the differences between the two types.

Take care.

--
Brian Armstrong,
http://www.zba.com

Re:BLOB field size limit : D3 : SQLAnywhere

Warren

Get the newest version of SQL Anywheres ODBC driver.  The problem is
fixed there (V5.5.03 I believe)

Derek Davidson
Author of DK's Audit Components
Get a FREE copy from my web site at :
http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/d.davidson

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Re:BLOB field size limit : D3 : SQLAnywhere

Using Borland's latest BDE 4.51 as well as SQLA 5.5.03 build # 1698
(which I got from Sybase tech support) I can write blobs upto 1MB
but can't get past that limit.

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has.

Thanks

In article <34a138f0.85895...@forums.borland.com>, someb...@somewhere.com
says...
--
Alan Goodman, Senior Systems Analyst
Client Technologies, Inc.

On 7 Oct 1997 11:06:25 GMT, "Warren van Niekerk" <senti...@icon.co.za>

> wrote:

> >I am using Delphi 3.0 with SQLAnywhere. I need to store OLE objects > 32Kb,
> >but can't seem to do so.
> >Any suggestions ?
> >Thanks in advance
> >Warren van Niekerk

> This is a 'known issue', and sybase has been working on it over the
> last few months - they supplied us with a patch which was supposed to
> work with BDE ver 4.0 - but we have had no luck in making it work.  I
> would say that for now, this is an ongoing issue.

Other Threads