Borland Pascal problem running under DOS OS/2 session

Does anyone know why the EXE file produced by the Borland Pascal version
7.01 compiler, compiling a DPMI program is not recognized as a DOS
executable program. If you look at the ICON assigned the module when
looking at it with DRIVES it looks like a window. Clicking on it only
opens the settings page and all session settings (DOS, OS/2, etc.) are
grayed out (OS/2 thinks it is an OS/2 program). The module will execute
if the name is typed in a DOS session or started via a BAT file. I
understand that there is a problem with the "program header" so OS/2
does not recognize it as a DOS executable.

Does anyone know of a fix?  IBM says it is a header problem,
Borland says there is nothing wrong.  I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Jim

Re:Borland Pascal problem running under DOS OS/2 session

rrt0...@ibm.net wrote:
>Does anyone know why the EXE file produced by the Borland Pascal version
>7.01 compiler, compiling a DPMI program is not recognized as a DOS
>executable program. If you look at the ICON assigned the module when
>looking at it with DRIVES it looks like a window. Clicking on it only
>opens the settings page and all session settings (DOS, OS/2, etc.) are
>grayed out (OS/2 thinks it is an OS/2 program). The module will execute
>if the name is typed in a DOS session or started via a BAT file. I
>understand that there is a problem with the "program header" so OS/2
>does not recognize it as a DOS executable.
>Does anyone know of a fix?  IBM says it is a header problem,
>Borland says there is nothing wrong.  I'm open to suggestions.
>Thanks.
>Jim

Both IBM and Borland are right. The problem is that the DPMI-programs
are not really DOS-programs. They are protected mode program's, and
hence use a EXE-file-format similar to OS/2 and Windows program's.

I'm not sure how to fix it - but I'll check it out....

Francis.Pauwe...@ping.be

Re:Borland Pascal problem running under DOS OS/2 session

Hello rrt0...@ibm.net!

Replying to a message of rrt0...@ibm.net to All:

 r> The module
 r> will execute  if the name is typed in a DOS session or started via a
 r> BAT file. I  understand that there is a problem with the "program
 r> header" so OS/2  does not recognize it as a DOS executable.

 r> Does anyone know of a fix?  IBM says it is a header problem,
 r> Borland says there is nothing wrong.  I'm open to suggestions.

Since you already stated that it executes well from a batch, you could create
a batch to startup the IDE/compiler and reference the batch from your program
object. (Be sure to set the DOS_DPMI setting to ON

 r> Thanks.

 r> Jim

Bye, Erik!

:
: Since you already stated that it executes well from a batch, you could create
: a batch to startup the IDE/compiler and reference the batch from your program
: object. (Be sure to set the DOS_DPMI setting to ON

All you have to do is put an * in the program name, then
/Cc:\bp\bin\bp.exe  in the parameters section, remeber to set DPMI to
enabled instead of automatic.

HTH

Neil