Changing Minimized Icon Title

Is there a way to change the title below a minimized application at
run-time?  I'd like to put a status message there, so that a user could
see what the program is doing, even if it's minimized, and update it with
a timer.

Bill Bardon
  wrbar...@gonix.com

Re:Changing Minimized Icon Title

In article <DGtqnv...@gonix.com>, wrbardon@gonix says...

>Is there a way to change the title below a minimized application at
>run-time?  I'd like to put a status message there, so that a user could
>see what the program is doing, even if it's minimized, and update it with
>a timer.

>Bill Bardon
>  wrbar...@gonix.com

I believe you just change the .Caption of the MainForm.
Try it, almost 90% sure.

Kirk Out

wrbardon@gonix (Bill Bardon) wrote:
>Is there a way to change the title below a minimized application at
>run-time?  I'd like to put a status message there, so that a user could
>see what the program is doing, even if it's minimized, and update it with
>a timer.

AFAIK you must change the application.title property. This is a little
problem that you've discovered when the app is minimized. You'll also
notice that the task name in the manager is incorrect.

Hope this helps

---
Clayton Andrews, Cape Town, ZA

Other Threads