Delphi, Interbase and International characters

Greetings

In the international character set ISO8859-1, the positions
127-159 are left undefined. Windows uses some of these positions for
printable characters, which I need to store in an Interbase table.

Using the wISQL utility, you can insert and retrieve these characters
into/from the table without any probles.
The BDE (with SQL-links for Interbase) on the other hand, raises
Error $3303 when you're trying to access the same characters.
The Interbase table is configured for character set ISO8859-1 and the
BDE uses the appropriate language driver (I have even tested several).

Even Borland's example with the international Employee database in
Interbase fails.

The very same setup against an MS-SQL server (with the MSSQL
SQL-links) works without any problems.

Question: Is it possible to store/accessing these characters in an
Interbase table using BDE/SQL-links?

Best regards
 Bj?rn M?ller
 Mercator Strategy AB
 Malm?, Sweden

Re:Delphi, Interbase and International characters

>In the international character set ISO8859-1, the positions
>127-159 are left undefined. Windows uses some of these positions for
>printable characters, which I need to store in an Interbase table.

I forgot to mention that the character set used by Windows is almost
identical to the ISO8859-1 table, except for positions 127-159.

>Using the wISQL utility, you can insert and retrieve these characters
>into/from the table without any probles.
>The BDE (with SQL-links for Interbase) on the other hand, raises
>Error $3303 when you're trying to access the same characters.
>The Interbase table is configured for character set ISO8859-1 and the
>BDE uses the appropriate language driver (I have even tested several).

>Even Borland's example with the international Employee database in
>Interbase fails.

>The very same setup against an MS-SQL server (with the MSSQL
>SQL-links) works without any problems.

>Question: Is it possible to store/accessing these characters in an
>Interbase table using BDE/SQL-links?

Best regards
 Bj?rn M?ller
 Mercator Strategy AB