Delphi7 SQL unspecified error

G?day all (again),

D7, Paradox tables

I get an EOleException class error when I assign this SQL statement to my Query, then open it.  The helpful error message is ?Unspecified error?

    SQLStrings.Clear;
    SQLStrings.Add('SELECT ');
    SQLStrings.Add('S.Type, S.DOS, S.LabID, ');
    SQLStrings.Add('P.surname, P.forename, P.sex, P.recordno  ');
    SQLStrings.Add(?FROM Patients P ?);
    SQLStrings.Add('LEFT OUTER JOIN samples S ON (P.Link = S.LinkSam) ');
    SQLStrings.Add('WHERE P.recordno = '+inttostr(GoToRecNo));

Any suggestions why this error occurs will be appreciated.  (And I know that I shouldn't be using SQL on Paradox tables, but this is all part of a move to SQL Server).
Cheers
Bill

Re:Delphi7 SQL unspecified error

>I get an EOleException class error when I assign this SQL statement to my Query, then open it.  The helpful error message is ?Unspecified error?

Are you using lookup fields?  If so then this is an error that will only occur
when you run out of the IDE and you can ignore it.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads