delphi and database on CD

reHello

i will put an delphi application with an Access database on a CD

How can i handle ODBC so that the connection between Delphi and Access DB is
done without any manipulation of the CD user ?

thanks again

Re:delphi and database on CD

1. Are you assuming that the user already has BDE, ODBC and the MS Jet
driver installed or are you also supplying a setup to install them ?
2. You can create ODBC DSNs at runtime (see one of my previous posts for an
example).
3. You'll have to open the database READ ONLY (because you can't create a
.ldb file on a CD).

"BacchusJr" <bacchu...@wanadoo.fr> schreef in bericht

> reHello

> i will put an delphi application with an Access database on a CD

> How can i handle ODBC so that the connection between Delphi and Access DB
is
> done without any manipulation of the CD user ?

> thanks again

Re:delphi and database on CD

And of course, you can also use your installer to configure the ODBC DSNs at
install time.
M.H. Avegaart wrote in message <9j3lcs$2ko...@scavenger.euro.net>...
>1. Are you assuming that the user already has BDE, ODBC and the MS Jet
>driver installed or are you also supplying a setup to install them ?
>2. You can create ODBC DSNs at runtime (see one of my previous posts for an
>example).
>3. You'll have to open the database READ ONLY (because you can't create a
>.ldb file on a CD).

>"BacchusJr" <bacchu...@wanadoo.fr> schreef in bericht
>> reHello

>> i will put an delphi application with an Access database on a CD

>> How can i handle ODBC so that the connection between Delphi and Access DB
>is
>> done without any manipulation of the CD user ?

>> thanks again

Re:delphi and database on CD

i tried to access an Access-DB. But it didnt work, because the mdb file
was write-protected. How can i Access an Access-DB on CD. I want to use
the Jet4 Engine.

Carlos