Saving Bitmaps, Strings and Integers to a binary file

Here's my problem,

I know how to use TReader / TWriter to read and write strings, integers
etc. to a stream, in this case a file stream. I also know how to read
and write bitmap images using saveToStream / loadFromStream.

I have a persistent component containing strings, integers and a bitmap
image and it would be really neat if I could write it all out to / read
it all in from just one file. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re:Saving Bitmaps, Strings and Integers to a binary file

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:43:34 -0001, Mike Thirlwell <mi...@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
wrote:

>I know how to use TReader / TWriter to read and write strings, integers
>etc. to a stream, in this case a file stream. I also know how to read
>and write bitmap images using saveToStream / loadFromStream.

>I have a persistent component containing strings, integers and a bitmap
>image and it would be really neat if I could write it all out to / read
>it all in from just one file. Does anyone have any ideas?

Look DefineProperties in the on-line help. For more information see a
book on component writing, such as Danny Thorpe's Delphi Component
Design or Ray Konopka's Designing Custom Delphi 3 Components.
--
Ray Lischner (http://www.tempest-sw.com/)
Author of "Hidden Paths of Delphi 3: Experts, Wizards, and the Open Tools API"

Re:Saving Bitmaps, Strings and Integers to a binary file

The Spider Container and Persistent Classes can handle storing any object
to a file and reading the object back. Your objects can contain any basic
data type, and child objects such as TBitmap's.

Best regards,

Michel
--------
http://www.cam.org/~mibra/spider
Spider Object Database
Spider Container and Persistent Classes  (freeware)
WordShare string localization  (freeware)

Mike Thirlwell wrote:
> Here's my problem,

> I know how to use TReader / TWriter to read and write strings, integers
> etc. to a stream, in this case a file stream. I also know how to read
> and write bitmap images using saveToStream / loadFromStream.

> I have a persistent component containing strings, integers and a bitmap
> image and it would be really neat if I could write it all out to / read
> it all in from just one file. Does anyone have any ideas?

> Thanks in advance,

> Mike

Other Threads