create Form w/out taskbar-button

Hi!

Well, in my dll i want to create forms, but without taskbar buttons.
- How do i correctly create them? (TForm.Create,
Application.CreateForm(TForm, Form);
- how do i prevent it from showing in taskbar?

wellm does anybody have a hint?

cu Marc

Re:create Form w/out taskbar-button

use ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE);

Marc Tricou <Marc.Tri...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> Hi!

> Well, in my dll i want to create forms, but without taskbar buttons.
> - How do i correctly create them? (TForm.Create,
> Application.CreateForm(TForm, Form);
> - how do i prevent it from showing in taskbar?

> wellm does anybody have a hint?

> cu Marc

Re:create Form w/out taskbar-button

> > Well, in my dll i want to create forms, but without taskbar
buttons.
> > - How do i correctly create them? (TForm.Create,
> > Application.CreateForm(TForm, Form);
> > - how do i prevent it from showing in taskbar?
> use ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE);

Thanks for answering.
Well, my Host-application is Winamp, if i'd do this, i'd manipulate
winamp. But i did it and even then it doesn't work, my forms still
have the buttons.

cu Marc

Re:create Form w/out taskbar-button

Another method is to show a form that
performs  TForm1.Hide on the TForm.OnCreate event, then open all other
dialogs with a ShowModal or Modalless should work, but I'm sure there is a
better way.

"Marc Tricou" <Marc.Tri...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> Hi!

> Well, in my dll i want to create forms, but without taskbar buttons.
> - How do i correctly create them? (TForm.Create,
> Application.CreateForm(TForm, Form);
> - how do i prevent it from showing in taskbar?

> wellm does anybody have a hint?

> cu Marc

Re:create Form w/out taskbar-button

Hi again

> > Well, in my dll i want to create forms, but without taskbar
buttons.
> > - How do i correctly create them? (TForm.Create,
> > Application.CreateForm(TForm, Form);
> > - how do i prevent it from showing in taskbar?
> Another method is to show a form that
> performs  TForm1.Hide on the TForm.OnCreate event, then open all
other
> dialogs with a ShowModal or Modalless should work, but I'm sure
there is a
> better way.

well, how do you mean this? i tried every combination, everytime all
the forms get a button in the taskbar.
TFStart is invisible:

TFStart.ONCreate
  FMain := TFMain.Create(Self);  //first button
  FDot := TFDot.Create(Self);  file://second button
end;

cu quarc

Other Threads