Learning Delphi 6 Where??

Hi

I have an absolute beginner to programming.  I want to learn how to
create programs quickly and simply using Delphi.  But all the
tutorials I have found on the net so far are horrible.  Either they
are written in too technical terms or they assume you know lots about
programming already and leave you totally confused.

I would like to find a tutorial that is enjoyable and easy to grasp.
It should introduce me to the Delphi IDE and let me create a few
simple programs and then ease me into understanding the code.  I need
the code explained really simply so that I know what each line means
and how it works in the program.  I have found too many explanations
of code that say something like this:  This line means that the unit
will declare this or that variable etc etc.  I do not even know what a
variable or what declaration means, where is there a tutorial that
will nurse me through this complexity?

Does anyone know?  Please help

Thanks so much

Al

Re:Learning Delphi 6 Where??

mypost2...@hotmail.com (al c64) wrote in message <news:5353262.0208300915.1153aa54@posting.google.com>...
> Hi

> I have an absolute beginner to programming.  I want to learn how to
> create programs quickly and simply using Delphi.  But all the
> tutorials I have found on the net so far are horrible.  Either they
> are written in too technical terms or they assume you know lots about
> programming already and leave you totally confused.

> I would like to find a tutorial that is enjoyable and easy to grasp.
> It should introduce me to the Delphi IDE and let me create a few
> simple programs and then ease me into understanding the code.  I need
> the code explained really simply so that I know what each line means
> and how it works in the program.  I have found too many explanations
> of code that say something like this:  This line means that the unit
> will declare this or that variable etc etc.  I do not even know what a
> variable or what declaration means, where is there a tutorial that
> will nurse me through this complexity?

> Does anyone know?  Please help

> Thanks so much

> Al

Hi Al,

I first started by buying a book - "Teach Yourself Delphi 2 in 21
days."  But I had some GWBASIC experience before that so I knew the
difference between a String variable and a integer variable.  You
could try http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa020202a.htm  It
says it is for beginners, but being somewhat past that, I don't know
if it is "Basic" enough.  Try it out and let us know.

John

Re:Learning Delphi 6 Where??

As mentioned, http://delphi.about.com/ has some good
links and tutorials.  Also look at "Essential Pascal"
and "Essential Delphi" at http://www.marcocantu.com/
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu   Rick.Car...@ParadoxCommunity.com

Re:Learning Delphi 6 Where??

carte...@news.ececs.uc.edu (Richard Carter) wrote in message <news:akp85a$gp$1@news.ececs.uc.edu>...
> As mentioned, http://delphi.about.com/ has some good
> links and tutorials.  Also look at "Essential Pascal"
> and "Essential Delphi" at http://www.marcocantu.com/

Thanks guys for those links.  Finally, something that treats me like a beginner.

Al

Other Threads