Convert dBASE table to InterBase

Does anybody can tell me how to convert existing dBASE or Paradox table
to InterBase database? Thank yoy in advance !

Nelson Xu
n...@jwortham.com

Re:Convert dBASE table to InterBase

Nelson Xu <n...@jwortham.com> wrote:
> Does anybody can tell me how to convert existing dBASE or Paradox table
> to InterBase database? Thank yoy in advance !

You should come close using Database Desktop: from the menu, use
Utilities|Copy...

Good luck!

Jasper

Re:Convert dBASE table to InterBase

You can always try the data migration expert, located in your Delphi
program group

Nelson Xu <n...@jwortham.com> wrote in article
<331DB575.4...@jwortham.com>...

> Does anybody can tell me how to convert existing dBASE or Paradox table
> to InterBase database? Thank yoy in advance !

> Nelson Xu
> n...@jwortham.com

Re:Convert dBASE table to InterBase

If you have Delphi 2, it comes with a Data Migration Expert, that
moves db data and structures from one database system to another.  I'm
not 100% sure if dBASE files are accessible through the BDE without
help from ODBC, but as long as the BDE can see the data, you could use
that to port to InterBase.  I don't know if this Expert is with Delphi
1.

Good luck,
Ed

Nelson Xu <n...@jwortham.com> wrote:
>Does anybody can tell me how to convert existing dBASE or Paradox table
>to InterBase database? Thank yoy in advance !
>Nelson Xu
>n...@jwortham.com

Re:Convert dBASE table to InterBase

I just checked... the migration expert can access dBASE files, or at
least the dBASE files that come with DBDEMOS (the *.dbf files,
right?).  Anyways, going from dBASE to InterBase should be a snap with
the Migration expert....

Fredrik Larsson wrote:

> Hmm the Data migration expert only exist in Client Server version right? I
> have developer version and no such thing. Is there something available on
> the net that can do this? And while I am asking is there something equal to
> the Visual Query Builder available as well since we all cant afford to buy
> the C/S version.

> Fredrik.

> > You can always try the data migration expert, located in your Delphi
> > program group

> > Nelson Xu <n...@jwortham.com> wrote in article
> > <331DB575.4...@jwortham.com>...
> > > Does anybody can tell me how to convert existing dBASE or Paradox table
> > > to InterBase database? Thank yoy in advance !

> --

> Quote of the week:
> "...how I wish that there were more than twentyfour hours a day, but
> even if there were forty more I wouldnt sleep a minit away..."

> Visit my home at: http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/4285/

Try using database desktop.  If you want to do it programmatically
(i.e., periodic transfers, conversion utility, etc.) then use a
TBatchMove component.  Hook up the two tables to tTable components,
identify them in tBatchmove comp and set mode to bmCopy.

Destination table does not have to exist (will be over written if it
does).  Also consider bmAppend to well, Append.