convert bde tables to interbase using DATAPUMP

I have 2 paradox tables accountants.db and history.db that I would like to
convert to an Interbase db. I register the empty db in the IBConsole and
create an alias to it from the alias manager in the Database Desktop.
Using the datapump I select the directory where the 2 db files are stored
and select the alias I have set up as the target output (.../accsales.gdb).
Everything goes fine until I try to upsize the data using the datapump. The
accountants.db table converts with no problem but the  history.db file gives
the error:
'Metadata update statement is not allowed by the current database SQL
dialect 3'.

I have attached the error file.

Re:convert bde tables to interbase using DATAPUMP

In article <3c84fe7e$1_1@dnews>, tre...@lynxtech.net says...

> I have 2 paradox tables accountants.db and history.db that I would like to
> convert to an Interbase db. I register the empty db in the IBConsole and
> create an alias to it from the alias manager in the Database Desktop.

        Try a better data pump:

http://www.clevercomponents.com/products/ibdatapamp.asp

        HTH,

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Re:convert bde tables to interbase using DATAPUMP

I have tried the IBPump and it seems promising until I get to the Order tab.
I have tested the connections and can now see the tables that I want to
transfer in the source db window after following step 1
Steps:
---------
1) Get Definitions (ok)
2) Build Relations (I click this but not sure if anything happens)
3) I then try to drag the tables from the source to the destination window
but nothing happens.

"Craig Stuntz" <cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> wrote in message

> In article <3c84fe7e$1_1@dnews>, tre...@lynxtech.net says...
> > I have 2 paradox tables accountants.db and history.db that I would like
> > convert to an Interbase db. I register the empty db in the IBConsole and
> > create an alias to it from the alias manager in the Database Desktop.

> Try a better data pump:

> http://www.clevercomponents.com/products/ibdatapamp.asp

> HTH,

> -Craig

> --
>  Craig Stuntz (TeamB) Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH
>      Delphi/InterBase WebLog: http://delphi.weblogs.com
>      InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
>           http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads