Networked BDE config File ???

Hello,

    does anyone out there know how to put the BDE config file on a network
drive.  I want to be able to install a users workstation with BDE - but
then have them point to a network drive for the BDE config file (all the
alias').  This would allow me to force all my users to use the same BDE
configuration and make changes to the config file very simple.  I would
have my developers and some others use their own local copies as they are
always changing them.

   Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

Bradley MacDonald
Vancouver, Canada

GBMAC...@BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA

Re:Networked BDE config File ???

The declaration of the config-file is done your
users Win.ini file, under [IDAPI]. Point the
ConfigFile01 statemant to the network config-file.

G. Bradley MacDonald <GBMAC...@BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA> wrote in article
<01bc1d0c$741c3530$1e221e8e@ldbdi6>...

> Hello,

>     does anyone out there know how to put the BDE config file on a
network
> drive.  I want to be able to install a users workstation with BDE - but
> then have them point to a network drive for the BDE config file (all the
> alias').  This would allow me to force all my users to use the same BDE
> configuration and make changes to the config file very simple.  I would
> have my developers and some others use their own local copies as they are
> always changing them.

>    Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

> Bradley MacDonald
> Vancouver, Canada

> GBMAC...@BCSC02.GOV.BC.CA

Other Threads