D5: MS-Access-style continuous subform.

I am using Delphi 5, and I have Woll2Woll's InfoPower components as well as
TurboPower's Orpheus and SysTools components.

I am trying to create a form in Delphi, similar to this mockup done in MS-Access:

http://members.shaw.ca/thomas.bates/GroupsForm.gif

I've done subforms/frames and grids before with Delphi, but so far I have not been
able to find out how to create a subform/frame/grid with the effect that I want.

The effect that I want is the ability to create a form with arbitrarily placed
components, then include it as a subform in a parent form where the subform
represents records in a table that I can scroll through (and add, delete and edit
records).

Is there a standard way to do this?

Is there a way to use a component from one of the above companies to do this?

Is there a way to use a component/tool from another company to do this?

Thanks for your help.

--
Thomas Bates

Re:D5: MS-Access-style continuous subform.

Try the TDBCtrlGrid control on the Data Controls tab. The only problem is
that it doesn't allow all types of controls to be placed on it.

"Menno Avegaart" wrote:
> Try the TDBCtrlGrid control on the Data Controls tab. The only problem is
> that it doesn't allow all types of controls to be placed on it.

Thanks Menno,  that is exactly what I was looking for.

--
Thomas Bates

Other Threads