Launching EMailer Bug Reports from Delphi- CRLF for both Eudora and Outlook Express

Last week this question was left unanswered. I have since discovered the
solution. Apparantly, the %0A is a LF for Unix. A %0D is a CR which is also
need for Eudora, but not necessary in OE. Using %0D%0A works correctly in
both email programs. I would hope that this combination works in all
emailers, but perhaps that's too much to wish for.

Here's my sample code:

procedure TDeskTop.BugReportClick(Sender: TObject);
var Body : string; r : integer;
const CRLF = '%0D%0A';
// use BCC= and CC= if you want
begin
  Body := 'Problem with this hand'+CRLF+
   RanSeedLab.caption+CRLF+CRLF+
  'N-S CC='+Opt.WhichTeam[N_S]+CRLF+
  'E-W CC='+Opt.WhichTeam[E_W]+CRLF+CRLF;
  with BidReviewGrid do
  for r := 0 to RowCount-1 do
   Body := Body+GridLineStr(r,12)+CRLF;

  ShellExecute(Application.Handle,'open',PChar('MailTo:b...@whidbey.com'+
   '?Subject=BridgeMate error&Body='+Body), nil, nil, SW_NORMAL);
end;

GridLineStr is a simple little function (a method I added to my grid
component) that puts all the Cells in the r-th Row into a string, with "r"
characters for each cell.

Re:Launching EMailer Bug Reports from Delphi- CRLF for both Eudora and Outlook Express

"Bob Richardson" <b...@pleasenospam.whidbey.com> skrev i melding

> Last week this question was left unanswered. I have since discovered the
> solution. Apparantly, the %0A is a LF for Unix. A %0D is a CR which is
also
> need for Eudora, but not necessary in OE. Using %0D%0A works correctly in
> both email programs. I would hope that this combination works in all
> emailers, but perhaps that's too much to wish for.

Thanks for sharing this info with us !

Regards,
--
Bj?rge S?ther