Access to MS Access 97 in D2

I know how to get access to one single Access 97 Database. My problem
is, that i have to write a browser to move through Access 97 Databases.
Is it possible to change the name of the connected Access 97 database on
runtime? Is it possible to define an ODBC-DNS and the Aliases out Delphi
2 also in runtime?
I heard, D3 supports MS Access 97 native. Does that mean, that one
doesn't have to use the ODBC-drivers anymore? Is this only a feature of
the professional version, or does D3 Standard also support MS Access
natively?
It's the first time I post a message in a newsgroup, so I hope I didn't
ask things that were asked many times already.
Thank's Simon

Re:Access to MS Access 97 in D2

You can change databases at runtime. Close the database, then use the
"Params" array of the TDatabase and set the one for "ODBC DSN".

I don't believe you can create DSNs at runtime with Delphi without writing
to the ODBC API directly; use the "SQLConfigDatasource" function.

D3 doesn't have native support for Access97; Access95 only at the moment.

John

Simon Scheurer <Simon_Scheu...@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<33B24306.4...@hotmail.com>...

> I know how to get access to one single Access 97 Database. My problem
> is, that i have to write a browser to move through Access 97 Databases.
> Is it possible to change the name of the connected Access 97 database on
> runtime? Is it possible to define an ODBC-DNS and the Aliases out Delphi
> 2 also in runtime?
> I heard, D3 supports MS Access 97 native. Does that mean, that one
> doesn't have to use the ODBC-drivers anymore? Is this only a feature of
> the professional version, or does D3 Standard also support MS Access
> natively?
> It's the first time I post a message in a newsgroup, so I hope I didn't
> ask things that were asked many times already.
> Thank's Simon

Re:Access to MS Access 97 in D2

Simon Scheurer <Simon_Scheu...@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<33B24306.4...@hotmail.com>...

> I know how to get access to one single Access 97 Database. My problem
> is, that i have to write a browser to move through Access 97 Databases.
> Is it possible to change the name of the connected Access 97 database on
> runtime? Is it possible to define an ODBC-DNS and the Aliases out Delphi
> 2 also in runtime?
> I heard, D3 supports MS Access 97 native. Does that mean, that one
> doesn't have to use the ODBC-drivers anymore? Is this only a feature of
> the professional version, or does D3 Standard also support MS Access
> natively?
> It's the first time I post a message in a newsgroup, so I hope I didn't
> ask things that were asked many times already.
> Thank's Simon

Delpi3 does claim to dupport Access without ODBC.  Delphi3, in fact, does
set up the hierarchy for the dataset component differently in D3, allowing
almost any DB to be accessed without ODBC if you want to inherit the object
and make the calls yourself.

Unfortunately, the Access access is not as flamboyant as Borland would like
to claim.  They still have a lot of work to do.

Other Threads