QR1.1b D3 Problem with TDBText and autostrech

Hello

I have several reports running fine under D2 with QR1.1. When I build
the reports with QR1.1b in D3 the autostreching of TDBText fields
doesn't work anymore. The fields just stay blank and the OnPrint event
doesn't fire. When I set autostrech to false the fields get printed
and the event fires. Strange enough this does only occure to
TStringFields (maybe others?) but not to TIntegerFields.
TIntegerFields print fine regardless of the setting of the autostrech
property.
Clues, workarounds fixes anyone?

Michael