Looking for lightweight scripting language add-in

Sorry if this is the wrong group, it's not obvious (to me) which group to
post this in.
I'm looking for a component that implements lightweight scripting so that
I can add some user programmability to an application. I've looked around
on the www but haven't found anything. I would prefer a VCL component
that I can link in directly but I'll take a DLL if I have to.
Any pointers to freeware, shareware, or commerical package would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,
David Jameson

Re:Looking for lightweight scripting language add-in

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:13:40 -0500, nos...@here.com (David Jameson)
wrote:

>Sorry if this is the wrong group, it's not obvious (to me) which group to
>post this in.
>I'm looking for a component that implements lightweight scripting so that
>I can add some user programmability to an application.

One option is Active Scripting - the engine used by Micosoft products
such as Internet Explorer to support VBScript and JavaScript. The
engine is available for download from Microsoft's site. You'd have to
create a scripting host, and provide automation objects (which are
easily created by Delphi).

I believe there are some freely available units and components that
support Active Scripting - try searching the Delphi Super Page
(http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/).

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yaminov
(TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.
To contact me for any other reason remove nospam from my address)

Re:Looking for lightweight scripting language add-in

I was hoping to avoid activeX stuff if possible, specially Microsoft
activeX stuff :-)
Nevertheless, thanks for the pointer.

Cheers,
David Jameson

In article <36e1d8ff.94887...@forums.inprise.com>,
yami...@nospam.trendline.co.il says...

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:02:52 -0500, nos...@here.com (David Jameson)
wrote:

>I was hoping to avoid activeX stuff if possible, specially Microsoft
>activeX stuff :-)
>Nevertheless, thanks for the pointer.

You might also want to check out http://www.dreamcompany.com/. They
have a product that supports Active Scripting (they also supply an
Object Pascal script language). I'm not really familiar with the
products, but it's possible they support OP scripting without ActiveX.

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yaminov
(TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.
To contact me for any other reason remove nospam from my address)

Other Threads