Join two tables located in different lnterbase database?

Does anybody have an idea on join two tables, with one
located in a local Interbase database and another in remote
Interbase database?
The background is that we want to put product information
like product description, pictures, etc in a local database while
the product quantity information in a remote database which
will be shared by many workstations. In this way we can
save network bandwidth.
Is there any Interbase ODBC driver or third-party middleware
can support such SQL join for IB5 or IB6?

Thanks in advance.

He Jun

Re:Join two tables located in different lnterbase database?

It depends on the database software you are using...
The BDE supports heterogeneous joins (lookup 'heterogeneous join' in the
Delphi OLH).
Some other database drivers (like MS Jet) also support heterogeneous join,
but you'll have the check the manuals to see how.

"He Jun" <j...@nececity.com> schreef in bericht

> Does anybody have an idea on join two tables, with one
> located in a local Interbase database and another in remote
> Interbase database?
> The background is that we want to put product information
> like product description, pictures, etc in a local database while
> the product quantity information in a remote database which
> will be shared by many workstations. In this way we can
> save network bandwidth.
> Is there any Interbase ODBC driver or third-party middleware
> can support such SQL join for IB5 or IB6?

> Thanks in advance.

> He Jun

Other Threads