Error: Not initialized for accessing network files!

I am using SQL based .dbf database which I am accessing from multiple
compuerts in our network. It works on all, but one computer, where I get the
message:

Not initialized for accessing network files!
If anyone has encountered this problem, please advise as to where the
problem lies.

Thank you,
Bostjan Poglajen

+386 (0)41 538 098
http://come.to/bocosoft

Re:Error: Not initialized for accessing network files!

It's been a while since I worked with a desktop database like dbase or
paradox but if you are using the BDE, it most likely is caused by having the
network NET file used for file locking pointing to a different directory(or
different mapping of the same dir.) then other users.
The for the configuration file can be set  in the BDE Admin.

This begs another question, were would clients in a multi-tier application
need the BDE or direct access to the .dbf files.
Am I am missing something here?
-Sen