printing across network...how ?

Hi people, I'm desperate for help

What I need to do is to pick up a file from a network directory and print it
to a designated 'shareable' printer (a printer attched to a workstation with
a networkshare name assigned to it). Even though most of the files which I
need to print are textbased and may/may not include laser codes etc.....I
want to be able to assign them to specific shareable printers dependent upon
the extension of the file

(I know that if I have all the shareable printers installed on my machine
and that if I monitor files in a directory
somewhere else on the netowrk I can reference a particular printer which is
installed on my m/c but I do not know how to go one stage further and get it
to pick up the file and print it !)

can anyone help me please?

TIA

Gaz

Re:printing across network...how ?

with reference to the first posting, can I , from windows, direct the files
straight
into the shareable printers queues ?

Re:printing across network...how ?

If the printers are shared printers, and you would install them under
"printers" in Windows, you can get the list of those printers and send jobs
to them, regardless if the printer is default or not. If this it what youre
looking for, i could send you the code which I used for that.

TS <TeoSu...@teowin.myweb.nl> wrote in message

> If the printers are shared printers, and you would install them under
> "printers" in Windows, you can get the list of those printers and send
jobs
> to them, regardless if the printer is default or not. If this it what
youre
> looking for, i could send you the code which I used for that.

[ "Yes please...it would be a big help ....thankyou !  "]

Other Threads