Help using dbiDoRestructure to add a field

Can anyone show me an example of adding a field
and / or reordering fields using dbiDoRestructure?

Thanx....................
Bir...@Nortix.com

Re:Help using dbiDoRestructure to add a field

Birwin <bir...@nortix.com> wrote:
> Can anyone show me an example of adding a field
> and/or reordering fields using dbiDoRestructure?

Delphi Super Page (http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/)
has following in Delphi 2.0 Freeware Database section.

? ridemo.zip (8,972 bytes)
Sample app shows how to add referential integrity to
Paradox table by code, including cascading modify.
Also shows how to append fields to a table
(ver. 1.1, added 22-Apr-97)

? autoinc.zip (4,278 bytes)
Detailed DbiDoRestructure sample showing how to
add fields and import existing data into an ftAutoInc
key (ver. 1.0, added 9-Dec-96)

The latter also contains a list of BDE reference
materials you should be aware of if making Dbi calls.
Besides that list, there is a Delphi 2.0 book
available which is 3/4 full of Dbi function discussion
(I forget the name, sorry).

One final tip: first make sure that what you need
can't be done using SQL or TBatchMove etc.

Design Engineer            Hobart, Tasmania     Ph +613 62313083
Otago Technologies P/L     Australia            Fx +613 62313086

Re:Help using dbiDoRestructure to add a field

dbiDoRestructure is not a trivial thing to do.  If you just want to add a
field, you're far better off using a TQuery and a simpleSQL statement using
ALTER TABLE / ADD.  I have mucked with dbiDoRestructure, and I can try to
help if you really need it, but I hesitate to do so because it is such a
pain.  :-)
--
David S. Becker
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)

>Can anyone show me an example of adding a field
>and / or reordering fields using dbiDoRestructure?
>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>--

>Bir...@Nortix.com

Other Threads