Help! sorting algorithm

HUI <huisk...@netvigator.com> wrote:
>I need to write programs about external sorting, such as replacement
>selection and natural selection. Where can I find the algorithm of them?

I've never heard of natural selection in terms of sorting
algorithms.  Merge sort is about the best of the external
sorting algotithms.

Jud McCranie

Re:Help! sorting algorithm

I need to write programs about external sorting, such as replacement
selection and natural selection. Where can I find the algorithm of them?

Re:Help! sorting algorithm

Before Merge sorting, partition the file is using replacement selection or
natural selection. The length of the partitions are variable. The average
length of  replacement selection is 2*M and natural selection is e*M
=2.718*M.
Jud McCranie wrote:
> HUI <huisk...@netvigator.com> wrote:

> >I need to write programs about external sorting, such as replacement
> >selection and natural selection. Where can I find the algorithm of them?

> I've never heard of natural selection in terms of sorting
> algorithms.  Merge sort is about the best of the external
> sorting algotithms.

> Jud McCranie

Re:Help! sorting algorithm

Jud McCranie <jud.mccra...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> HUI <huisk...@netvigator.com> wrote:

> >I need to write programs about external sorting, such as replacement
> >selection and natural selection. Where can I find the algorithm of them?

> I've never heard of natural selection in terms of sorting
> algorithms.

That'd be the one where out of order items are killed off and only items
that are already sorted are allowed to breed?

FP

Re:Help! sorting algorithm

"Frank Peelo" <fpe...@indigo.ie> wrote:
>> I've never heard of natural selection in terms of sorting
>> algorithms.

>That'd be the one where out of order items are killed off and only items
>that are already sorted are allowed to breed?

I didn't know it until today, but there is indeed an algorithm
called natural selection.

Jud McCranie

Other Threads