COM Presentation

I'm giving a presentation titled, "Delphi and COM" in the Detroit area COM
Users Group.  Any suggestions on how I should present the strengths of COM
development with Delphi  over other tools?

Thanks,
Mike

Re:COM Presentation

: "Michael Ludlum" <mlud...@usefulsolutions.com> wrote:

>I'm giving a presentation titled, "Delphi and COM" in the Detroit area COM
>Users Group.  Any suggestions on how I should present the strengths of COM
>development with Delphi  over other tools?

Write a shell context menu extension <g>.

Honestly, I did a couple of them in Delphi and tried one recently in
BCB (with the ATL approach). The result was that I strongly preferred
to completely translate WINIOCTL.H into Object Pascal over trying to
implement the menu extension in BCB.

And it is my understanding that BCB is the second-best tool for COM
development (although I have not looked at VB)

Just make plain clear how nice interface support in the language is.

--
Stefan Hoffmeister       http://www.econos.de/
No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Other Threads