TOutline-Bug in Delphi 1.0 ?

Hi all

2 questions:
------------
1) If I try the following (1st Object)

    { p = record of some data }
    d := Outline.InsertObject(0, p^.Header, p);

   then d is something above 100000000. The Online-Help
   tries to make me believe that this is the index, of the
   inserted object, but I dont !!!

   Is this a known bug ? Are there patches / workarounds ?
   Am I just too blind to see my own mistake ?

2) If the Outline-Obj is filled with some hierarchic structured
   data which is wider than the outline-Object a scrollbar
   appears. If I scroll to the right and then click on an
   Outlinenode which is not that wide the scrollbar disappears
   again but the paint-routine of the outline object seems
   to keep the scrollposition information, for the updated
   outline looks like a mess. Everything is fine if I move the
   scrollbar back by "hand".
   Any workarounds/patches for this, too ???

Thanx a lot

Reinhard :)

Dipl. Inform. Reinhard Kreutz

Institut fuer Medizinische Informatik und Biometrie
am Klinikum der RWTH-Aachen
Pauwelstrasse 30
D-52074 Aachen

Tel:   +49-241-8089797
Fax:   +49-241-8888426
email: kre...@imib.rwth-aachen.de
www:   http://www.imib.rwth-aachen.de/www/mitarb/kreutz

Re:TOutline-Bug in Delphi 1.0 ?

Reinhard Kreutz <kre...@imib.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>2) If the Outline-Obj is filled with some hierarchic structured
>   data which is wider than the outline-Object a scrollbar
>   appears. If I scroll to the right and then click on an
>   Outlinenode which is not that wide the scrollbar disappears
>   again but the paint-routine of the outline object seems
>   to keep the scrollposition information, for the updated
>   outline looks like a mess. Everything is fine if I move the
>   scrollbar back by "hand".
>   Any workarounds/patches for this, too ???

I have published a fix for this on the Delphi Super Page (gridfix.zip)
http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/~robert/delphi/ (mirror is in Aachen <g>);
it can also be found at the Delphi Buglists
http://www.dataweb.nl/~r.p.sterkenburg/bugsall.htm

I hope we are talking about the same bug...
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
http://www.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Re:TOutline-Bug in Delphi 1.0 ?

Reinhard Kreutz <kre...@imib.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>Hi all

>2 questions:
>------------
>1) If I try the following (1st Object)

>    { p = record of some data }
>    d := Outline.InsertObject(0, p^.Header, p);

>   then d is something above 100000000. The Online-Help
>   tries to make me believe that this is the index, of the
>   inserted object, but I dont !!!

It's a bug.  The InsertObject method fails to return the index of the
inserted item.  For a fix to this and many other problems (Delphi 1),
including Hoffmeister's fix, visit

  http://www.clark.net/pub/garyc/delphi/delphi.htm

>   Is this a known bug ? Are there patches / workarounds ?
>   Am I just too blind to see my own mistake ?

>2) If the Outline-Obj is filled with some hierarchic structured
>   data which is wider than the outline-Object a scrollbar
>   appears. If I scroll to the right and then click on an
>   Outlinenode which is not that wide the scrollbar disappears
>   again but the paint-routine of the outline object seems
>   to keep the scrollposition information, for the updated
>   outline looks like a mess. Everything is fine if I move the
>   scrollbar back by "hand".
>   Any workarounds/patches for this, too ???

>Thanx a lot

>Reinhard :)

>--
>Dipl. Inform. Reinhard Kreutz

>Institut fuer Medizinische Informatik und Biometrie
>am Klinikum der RWTH-Aachen
>Pauwelstrasse 30
>D-52074 Aachen

>Tel:   +49-241-8089797