Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

2006-02-26 07:04:49 PM
delphi156
Om 12:47:41 uur, 26.02.2006, schreef Rod:
just my impression...
I think your impression is wrong. I can get to it without any problems.
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
--
Ramona

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

Rod writes:
just my impression...
As someone who has been reviewing and opening issues, before and after
the announcement, I can assure you it is very much alive!
--
AlisdairM(TeamB)

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

just my impression...

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

Rod writes:
just my impression...
Wrong. Period.
--
Holger
Blog: www.flickdotnet.de

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

Rod writes:
just my impression...
well, ... just now my QC client reports "server currently offline", so at
this moment you'd be right <g>.
But I submitted a QC report just a few days ago, so things have certainly
been happening "after the announcement".
--
Kristofer

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

Rod writes:
just my impression...
Ha ! You obviously are not getting the QC rss feeds !
Busy busy busy...
JoeH

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

Rod writes:
just my impression...
So I should stop opening reports then?
cool, thanks for letting me know.
--
www.jed-software.com
jedqc.blogspot.com

Kristofer Skaug writes:
well, ... just now my QC client reports "server currently offline",
so at this moment you'd be right <g>.
We have had no outages for the QC client of any significant duration
(i.e., more than 60 seconds) in the last couple months. So, if you're
having an issue, please report it to the QC newsgroup at least.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

"John Kaster (Borland)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:4403fe04$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
We have had no outages for the QC client of any significant duration
(i.e., more than 60 seconds) in the last couple months. So, if you're
having an issue, please report it to the QC newsgroup at least.
I am also getting the "Server is currently unavailable or you are not
connected to the Internet. can't proceed" message, when I try
to connect to QC.

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

"TObject" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I am also getting the "Server is currently unavailable or you are not
connected to the Internet. can't proceed" message, when I try
to connect to QC.
QC web interface as well as Win32 client interface have
been working just fine for me over the past few weeks.
The folllowing page, just came up immediately.
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
I have noticed no problems at all. --JohnH

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

"Ramona van Riet" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Om 12:47:41 uur, 26.02.2006, schreef Rod:

>just my impression...

I think your impression is wrong. I can get to it without any problems.

qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
But nobody at Borland are doing anything about the items posted there.
I myself posted an item there 25319 on february 23, that is a month ago,
about problems with connecting to a database. Nothing has happened ever to
that item.
So it is definitively dead.

<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
But nobody at Borland are doing anything about the items posted there.

I myself posted an item there 25319 on february 23, that is a month
ago, about problems with connecting to a database. Nothing has
happened ever to that item.

So it is definitively dead.
You draw such a conclusion based on a sample size of *one*?!? Please
tell me that is just rhetorical excess and not how you actually think
statistics work.
BTW:
qc.borland.com/stats/
qc.borland.com/stats/sysop.aspx
Useful articles about InterBase development:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/category/21.aspx

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I searched for the last ones and checked all possibilities and went
backwards for the last month, I found only one or a few had been
marked as read. Most had 0/0 as vote.
If not even the submitter considers the reports worthy of a vote
that's likely not Borland's issue. Over 12000 votes have been cast.
Your selective samples are making you not differentiate between the
quality of a few individual reports and the efficacy of the system as a
whole. With over 25000 reports to consider you should use the stats app
rather than browsing a few dozen reports to get a sense of the complete
system.
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
server: support.borland.com/entry.jspa

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>,
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I myself posted an item there 25319 on february 23, that is a month ago,
about problems with connecting to a database. Nothing has happened ever to
that item.

So it is definitively dead.
Because one report isn't acted on, you assume the whole system is
dead? I have gotten 92 emails in march for the areas where I have
notifications set up. and the following QC search reports 279 reports
that have been opened against the update 1 build.
<qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx>
--
-David

Re: QC dead since the spin off announcement ?

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news:4422db26$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...