Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

esueno writes:

Ah ha!!! So it will be Microsoft. :)
LOL --
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

"Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

We have also said time and time again that it will /not/ be an
established software company like Google, IBM, CA, etc.
It's going to be quite interesting to see WHO in 2006
sees a proprietary language as a good idea for a business, and why.
Trolltech pulls off something similar with a proprietary
class library in C++ land, but they have cross-platform
credibility.

"Dougan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in news:44ca760a$XXXX@XXXXX.COM:

It's going to be quite interesting to see WHO in 2006
sees a proprietary language as a good idea for a business, and why.

My feeling is that the "sale" is being financed by a VC firm, and that
DevCo will actually be a spin-off of Borland rather than a wholly-owned
subsidiary of some bigger company.
Just guessing, of course, but I don't know what other scenario fits.
Regards,
mr_organic

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

It's going to be quite interesting to see WHO in 2006
sees a proprietary language as a good idea for a business, and why.
Yes, it will. But if DevCo says they have interested buyers, I'll
take them at their word for now.
Trolltech pulls off something similar with a proprietary
class library in C++ land, but they have cross-platform
credibility.
Well, DevCo has JBuilder and Interbase, so that is some cross-platform
credibility as well. Not to mention Kyix, which may yet be revived in
some shape or form.
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

So it is not an uninformed guess then? :-)
No :-)
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Jim Cooper XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Skype : jim.cooper
Tabdee Ltd www.tabdee.ltd.uk
TurboSync - Connecting Delphi to your Palm

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

We have also said time and time again that it will /not/ be an
established software company like Google, IBM, CA, etc.
Thanks for the hint. So, not an "established software company". But, could
it be an "established company" or a "software company" but just not an
established software company. Now I am thinking it is Chrysler...haha.
John

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

"Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>Let me just quickly scan a few random posts....

So it is not an uninformed guess then? :-)

That is, of course, exactly why he claimed to have scanned
several random posts.
Let me just quickly scan a few random posts....
Although I am quite confident in my uninformed guess that
his "scanning" was purely mental and did not involve
any reading or re-reading of actual posts.
--
HTH clarify things,
Brad.

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

"Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
JohnE writes:
>They have said time and time again that they have interested parties.
We have also said time and time again that it will /not/ be an
established software company like Google, IBM, CA, etc.
Will it be an established non-software company, non-established software
company or non-established non-software company then? <g>

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

"JohnE" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
>We have also said time and time again that it will /not/ be an
>established software company like Google, IBM, CA, etc.
Thanks for the hint. So, not an "established software company". But,
could
it be an "established company" or a "software company" but just not an
established software company. Now I am thinking it is Chrysler...haha.
It could be Delphi. <g>

somebody writes:
Will it be an established non-software company, non-established
software company or non-established non-software company then? <g>
Maybe that has not been established. :-)
--
David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software, LLC

somebody writes:

Will it be an established non-software company, non-established
software company or non-established non-software company then? <g>
<Throws hands up in despair>
;-)
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

<Throws hands up in despair>
What? You've never played the warmer/colder game? :-)

Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software] writes:
What? You've never played the warmer/colder game? :-)
LOL --
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

Although I am quite confident in my uninformed guess
:-)
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Jim Cooper XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Skype : jim.cooper
Tabdee Ltd www.tabdee.ltd.uk
TurboSync - Connecting Delphi to your Palm

Re: Just a thought on who's going to buy DevCo

"somebody" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

It could be Delphi. <g>
That would be {*word*16}ism :-)