Re: The neigh endless 64 bit debate

2004-11-12 02:24:38 AM
delphi45
"marc hoffman" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Rudy,

>So you really think you know better what it would take to produce a
>Win64 version of Delphi, than Borland?

are you capable of reading and processing entire postings, or just single
sentences at a time?

in the latter case, let me point you directly to what you would have found
if you had managed to read past the first sentence, all the way to the
second on:

>>This is not a matter of "knowing better then Borland"
>>(and for all i know Borland has never made a statement how much would
be
>>involved in making the VCL 64bit compatible)
Saying something does not make it so. It sure sounded to me like you thought
you knew what you were talking about, in the context of Borland's decision
to not yet produce a 64-bit compiler. Second-guessing a decision always
implies that the second-guesser thinks he knows something the decision-maker
did not know or realize. On the other hand, so what if you did think so, or
at least assume so? Every non-trivial statement has this kind of assumption
built in. If we can never second-guess someone else's decisions then we are
relegated to the role of plebes, that only talk about stupid worthless s***,
frittering away our lives in useless smalltalk.
So the next time this kind of circle starts spinning, stop and admit that,
yes, of course you are assuming you know what you are talking about. It will
deflate the sails of anyone trying to hide behind the silly argument "So you
think you know more than...".

Re: The neigh endless 64 bit debate

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
He is telling how much it would take to implement a Win64 version, as
if he knows better than Borland.
For heavens sake Rudy, let it drop before one of us dies of terminal
boredom.
--
Derek Davidson
www.ebsms.com

Derek Davidson writes:
For heavens sake Rudy, let it drop before one of us dies of terminal
boredom.
Why on earth do you read uninteresting posts/threads?
I never have the aforementioned problem.
--
Ingvar Nilsen

Derek Davidson writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:

>He is telling how much it would take to implement a Win64 version,
>as if he knows better than Borland.

For heavens sake Rudy, let it drop before one of us dies of terminal
boredom.
You don't have to read it. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers,

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
Why on earth do you read uninteresting posts/threads?
How do you know if they are uninteresting unless you read them?
<scratches head>
--
Derek Davidson
www.ebsms.com
Send SMS Text messages from your PC. For FREE!

Re: The neigh endless 64 bit debate

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
You don't have to read it. <g>
True but, I would prefer not to have to put you in my killfile.
Occasionally you say something worth reading <g>
--

"Ingvar Nilsen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Why on earth do you read uninteresting posts/threads?
I never have the aforementioned problem.
How do you know if it is boring before it is too late?
Maybe such messages should be marked:
<boring>
bla bla bla same old same old
</boring>
--
Clay Shannon,
currently researching specific stirps of the families Shannon, Kollenborn,

Derek Davidson writes:
>For heavens sake Rudy, let it drop before one of us dies of terminal
>boredom.

Why on earth do you read uninteresting posts/threads?
I never have the aforementioned problem.
<g>The only uninteresting threads I read are the ones I started myself,
only to find that the people who replied did not get the point. It is not
interesting to parse your own sentences, unless you are a narcissist!

Crazy Horse's crazier little brother writes:
>Why on earth do you read uninteresting posts/threads? I never have
>the aforementioned problem.
How do you know if it is boring before it is too late?
By using an advanced enough news reader <g>
There are many threads I simply just ignore, maybe I miss a lot but I
certainly also avoid a lot of boredom and save time (which I use on
other boring tasks)
--
Ingvar Nilsen

Re: The neigh endless 64 bit debate

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
then there is the
author ...
Yes, you're right. I should have worked on that one <g>
--
Derek Davidson
www.ebsms.com
Send SMS Text messages from your PC. For FREE!

Re: The neigh endless 64 bit debate

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
There should be an option to have the news reader ignore posts with
certain words (Jake ?).
Like "64" for example <g>
He he he :-)
--
Derek Davidson
www.ebsms.com
Send SMS Text messages from your PC. For FREE!

Re: The neigh endless 64 bit debate

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
Aha! So you've put a killfile on yourself!
:-) You're on a roll today, man.
--

Derek Davidson writes:
How do you know if they are uninteresting unless you read them?
Experience. There is something calles skimming, then there is the
author, thene there is the development in the particular thread.
--
Ingvar Nilsen

Derek Davidson writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:

>You don't have to read it. <g>

True but, I would prefer not to have to put you in my killfile.
Occasionally you say something worth reading <g>
I didn't say anything about killfiles. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated