Ordering BDS in Australia

2005-12-06 06:39:54 AM
delphi171
All,
I've decided to order BDS 2006 Pro Upgrade.
Best price I found was A$390 inc GST Only to December 9 at
https://www.microway.com.au/orders/borland.htm
Does anyone know of a better price??
George F.

Re:Ordering BDS in Australia

"gf" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I've decided to order BDS 2006 Pro Upgrade.
Best price I found was A$390 inc GST Only to December 9 at
https://www.microway.com.au/orders/borland.htm
That's a pretty amazing deal: under GBP ?70 *including* tax. UK price incl.
tax is about GBP ?40 (and that includes a 15% discount)
- Roddy

Re:Ordering BDS in Australia

All,

I've decided to order BDS 2006 Pro Upgrade.

Best price I found was A$390 inc GST Only to December 9 at
https://www.microway.com.au/orders/borland.htm

Does anyone know of a better price??

Wow, thats an excellent price. Most of the other places I have looked are
around $550. I might just order by upgrade today too!
Craig.

Re:Ordering BDS in Australia

"Roddy Pratt" <roddy at spam fritter dot com>writes
UK price incl. tax is about GBP ?40 (and that includes a 15% discount)
Oops. UK price is now ?64 incl. tax, as discount is not available, and my
sum was wrong.
- Roddy

gf writes:
Best price I found was A$390 inc GST Only to December 9 at
https://www.microway.com.au/orders/borland.htm

Does anyone know of a better price??
Damn, that is substantially cheaper then I have been looking at!
But I like my current reseller....
--
Robin.
<disclaimer>Not an expert </disclaimer>

Robin writes:
gf writes:

>Best price I found was A$390 inc GST Only to December 9 at
>https://www.microway.com.au/orders/borland.htm
>
>Does anyone know of a better price??

Damn, that is substantially cheaper then I have been looking at!

But I like my current reseller....

Except it was a mistake. That was the $US price apparently.
Oh well!
--
Robin.
<disclaimer>Not an expert </disclaimer>

Re:Ordering BDS in Australia

>Damn, that is substantially cheaper then I have been looking at!
>
>But I like my current reseller....

Except it was a mistake. That was the $US price apparently.

Oh well!

Yeah, I found out. Doh. I ordered it anyway.
Craig.

Re:Ordering BDS in Australia

This is not a comment about Borland and has nothing to do with them.
After seeing this adverti{*word*224}t I can not say much about the ethics of
Microway.
Don't deal with them.
Facts:
1) I saw this adverti{*word*224}t and after seeing the price I telephoned
and asked if the price was correct. I was informed it was.
2) I placed an order.
3) I told others, about this deal.
4) My brother placed an order via their website.
5) They phoned my brother informing him that the price was incorrect and
was actually $550 inc GST (comparable with other retailers).
6) After hearing from my brother I telephoned the Department of Fair
Trading who informed me this was "Bait Advertising" and illegal,
even
though they had not debited my Credit Card. (We had made a contract
and they aren't able to change it unless they withdraw the product
from sale).
7) I returned their phone call to me (I was unavailable when they rang),
went
through the stuff and they said they'd get back to me.
8) I received an email from them informing me that they confirm my order
at $390
inc GST, but the actual price is $550 inc GST. But they would throw
in a
free Microway vest if I purchase from them.
I'm sorry a vest (so I can advertise their company for free) won't do it -
give me the price we agreed instead!
It's not my problem you made a mistake - if I make a mistake I wear it.
The price looked too good to be true and went it does it is.
I took the prudent step of telephoning and enquiring double checking the
price was right.
It wasn't til late this morning they even updated the price on their
website.
I've again spoken to Fair Trading who have informed me of the Complaints
procedure, but this is going to take a while.
I am writing this as a warning to all about this company (microway).
I will not be dealing with them beacuse I could not be bothered going
through the {*word*99} this will bring on to me, and the price from others is the
same. In fact I probably won't be purchasing D2006 in the Short term at all.
frank

fh writes:
This is not a comment about Borland and has nothing to do with them.

After seeing this adverti{*word*224}t I can not say much about the ethics of
Microway.

Don't deal with them.
Hi Frank,
Sorry to hear that. I am not going to take sides on what happened so
take the following as a general comment.
My supplier is really good. The price is the same as the 'actual' price
on Microway.
I use Arena Business Technology. Contact Steve if you are interested at
: XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Really nice bloke. Great service. I had a few delays when I ordered
2005 last Christmas and he bent over backwards to accomidate me.
--
Robin.
<disclaimer>Not an expert </disclaimer>

Re:Ordering BDS in Australia

After seeing this adverti{*word*224}t I can not say much about the ethics of
Microway.
They made a mistake, and told you before they charged you. I don't see the
problem. A wrong price on a web page is an 'offer to treat' not a contract,
and they are allowed to correct mistakes.
Oliver Townshend

fh writes:
This is not a comment about Borland and has nothing to do with them.

After seeing this adverti{*word*224}t I can not say much about the ethics of
Microway.

Don't deal with them.

Hi Frank,
Sorry to hear that. I am not going to take sides on what happened so
take the following as a general comment. Everyone makes mistakes.
My current supplier is really good. The price is the same as the ($AU)
XXXX@XXXXX.COM. He is a really nice bloke. Great service. I had a

at: XXXX@XXXXX.COM. He is a really nice bloke. Great service. I
had a few delays when I ordered 2005 last Christmas and he bent over
backwards to accomidate me.
He should update his website:
www.arena.net.au/Delphi2005/main.htm
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:Ordering BDS in Australia

Robin,
Thanks, I really wasn't going to purchase at all, after troubles with
D2005 - but most of my issues with D2005 seem to have been fixed with D2006.
I have to pay for my own software - and the price is a bit on the high side.
As I said I wasn't going to purchase at all but the talk in this ng has made
me have another look and the price was right. If I make a decision I have to
make it today, because the 20% discount (which everyone is giving) finishes
today and after the reviews/benchmarks/comments I hardly think Borland will
drop their price at a later date (I wouldn't).
Perhaps your friends at arena will get several other orders out of this at
least.
Again thanks.
frank
"Robin" <Robin@.com>writes

Dave Nottage [TeamB] writes:
He should update his website:

www.arena.net.au/Delphi2005/main.htm
You can always order through me <g>
--
Compact Framework IDE support for Delphi 2005 - v1.0 Available Now
Latest information: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm

fh writes:
Robin,

Thanks, I really wasn't going to purchase at all, after troubles with
D2005 - but most of my issues with D2005 seem to have been fixed with D2006.

I have to pay for my own software - and the price is a bit on the high side.

As I said I wasn't going to purchase at all but the talk in this ng has made
me have another look and the price was right. If I make a decision I have to
make it today, because the 20% discount (which everyone is giving) finishes
today and after the reviews/benchmarks/comments I hardly think Borland will
drop their price at a later date (I wouldn't).

Perhaps your friends at arena will get several other orders out of this at
least.
Again thanks.

frank
Sounds like the boat I am in. I don't develop for money, just the fun
of it. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't need to upgrade,
but I still really (REALLY REALLY REALLY) want to!
Also, it /looks/ like the extended pre-order discount offer might be
extended again to the 23rd of December. Don't hold me to this, check
your reseller of choice to ensure you don't miss out. I am currently
checking up on this myself.