How to get rid of DSM files?

2003-08-29 06:22:57 AM
delphi181
Hi all, how could I get rid of those huge *.DSM files created
by D6?
I have unchecked the option for keeping Symbols but the DSM files still are
saved.
Thanks for your help.
Manuel Sebares

Re:How to get rid of DSM files?

Hi Mike, thanks for your answer.
I cannot believe that Borland does not give the user the option to get rid
of this kind of files. In some of my projects I get 15 MBytes DSM files,
what ruins my backups.
Please, I need an automatic DSM file destroyer :)
Thanks for your help.
Manuel Sebares
"Mike Williams (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escribi?en el mensaje
On 28 Aug 2003, "Manuel Sebares" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>I have unchecked the option for keeping Symbols but the DSM files
>still are saved.

That's the only way I know of. If you manually delete the DSM file Delphi
still re-creates it even though you've specifically told it to save the
"desktop only" as opposed to "desktop and symbols"?

--
-Mike

Re:How to get rid of DSM files?

On 29 Aug 2003, "Manuel Sebares" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Please, I need an automatic DSM file destroyer :)
c:\>del *.dsm /s
--
-Mike

Re:How to get rid of DSM files?

Note that many programmers (not surprising for other users) don't know what
this means. :)
- Command line? Batch file? Huh?
- Start|Run, type "command.com" or "cmd.exe"
- Nothing happens.
- Press OK
- there's no OK button, just a black window
- that is it. Just type a command in it.
- type???? aren't there any wizards?
- change profession. period.
--
Robert Cerny
codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccWeb.exe/author

c:\>del *.dsm /s

Re:How to get rid of DSM files?

If a programmer doesn't know how to delete files, he should not be a
programmer. period.
--
Finn Tolderlund