Easiest way to deploy?

I have a D5 app that I am upgrading to D2007. I will be using IBX and
probably DBX (maybe ADO) and need to find a middle of the road install tool.
In the past with D5 we used Wise Install Builder. I need a little bit of
flexibility to put some stuff in the scripts like I could with WIB, but it
doesn't need to be Enterprise level. I'd also like it to work well with
Delphi and be able to install the packages I need (IBX, DBX, ADO).
I looked at InstallAware that comes with Delphi and I see DB Express 4 in
there, but nothing about IBX (I'm not really sure what is needed to deploy
IBX) and nothing about ADO, though maybe I missed something.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scott

Re:Easiest way to deploy?

Scott Leake writes:
I have a D5 app that I am upgrading to D2007. I will be using IBX and
probably DBX (maybe ADO) and need to find a middle of the road install tool.

I looked at InstallAware that comes with Delphi and I see DB Express 4 in
there, but nothing about IBX (I'm not really sure what is needed to deploy
IBX) and nothing about ADO, though maybe I missed something.
I can tell you that Inno Setup is a very nice tool if MSI is not in your
requirement list. As far as deploying an app using IBX, you don't need
anything if you do not build with run-time package dependencies. You
will need gds32.dll for IB connectivity, which Inno could place in the
proper place if you want it to.
Loren sZendre

Re:Easiest way to deploy?

IBX and ADO compile into your EXE. There is nothing to distribute.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Easiest way to deploy?

Zoren Lendry writes:
I can tell you that Inno Setup is a very nice tool if MSI is not in your
requirement list. As far as deploying an app using IBX, you don't need
anything if you do not build with run-time package dependencies. You
will need gds32.dll for IB connectivity, which Inno could place in the
proper place if you want it to.

Loren sZendre
+1 for Inno
Mike