Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

2004-04-23 06:31:52 PM
delphi183
Atmapuri writes:
It has been confirmed that it will be a part of Delphi 9
integrated in the same IDE.
Any links to confirm this?
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

"Tim Jarvis (Borland)" wrote

{*word*76}y acronyms.....

ok, let me see IANAMA..mmmm
from the context, 'i am not a market analyst'
bobD

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

No chance in a million years of C# for Win32.

Would that be C# for Win32 too?

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

Michael Fritz writes:
hmmm - needless to say that I am waiting for a Delphi 7 update not for any
D8 fix or even a D9 release which will drive back all developments
for D7, I fear.
Won't have to wait long.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

Alan Garny writes:
"Dave Nottage (TeamB)" wrote...
>Disclaimer: IANAMA

Any source that would backup that claim? Personally, I'd have
said exactly the opposite, like what...
You'd say Dave is a Market Analyst? Wow, you could hardly have
insulted him more, unless you called him a VB(Visual Basic) programmer! <g>

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

Is the Q4 calendar or fiscal year? Or are the two in sync with Borland?

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

>Any mentioning of C#Builder at the conference?
It has been confirmed that it will be a part of Delphi 9
integrated in the same IDE.
No fecal matter???

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

"Atmapuri" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>Any mentioning of C#Builder at the conference?
It has been confirmed that it will be a part of Delphi 9
integrated in the same IDE.
That scares me.
Was there any mentioning if Delphi
language will be supported by Delphi 9?

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

Though I understand Borland can be scary sometimes, you needn't worry
about the Delphi language going away anytime soon. They have
specifically stated that D9 will support Win32, and they clearly
aren't going to do C# on Win32. Not that it wouldn't be a cool idea,
but it ain't gonna happen.

TObject writes:

Was there any mentioning if Delphi
language will be supported by Delphi 9?
That's like asking if VS.Net will continue to support C#. As long as there
is a Borland product called Delphi, it will be based on the Delphi language.
Even if there was to be is change in product names, there'd still be no
reason to drop the language.
"True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of
justice." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

"Paul Dolen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Though I understand Borland can be scary sometimes, you needn't worry
about the Delphi language going away anytime soon. They have
specifically stated that D9 will support Win32, and they clearly
aren't going to do C# on Win32. Not that it wouldn't be a cool idea,
but it ain't gonna happen.
I sincerely hope you are right.

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

"Brion L. Webster" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Alan Garny writes:

>"Dave Nottage (TeamB)" wrote...
>>Disclaimer: IANAMA
>
>Any source that would backup that claim? Personally, I'd have
>said exactly the opposite, like what...

You'd say Dave is a Market Analyst? Wow, you could hardly have
insulted him more, unless you called him a VB(Visual Basic) programmer! <g>
Well, it is Friday night over here, so I will call him a VB(Visual Basic) programmer then!
<vbg>
Alan.

Re: Dale Fuller: D9 to be released in Q4

"Wayne Niddery [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:40895b46$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
That's like asking if VS.Net will continue to support C#. As long as there
is a Borland product called Delphi, it will be based on the Delphi language.
Even if there was to be is change in product names, there'd still be no
reason to drop the language.
That is of course unless there is a decision
to discontinue compiler development.
For example, if Delphi is so much better than VS,
how come the .NET target platform for Together Technologies
is Microsoft VS? I know there are parts of Together built in Delphi,
but those are rather limited.
I am just using this as an example of indication where priorities are,
not advocating development of the Together technology in particular.

TObject writes:
That is of course unless there is a decision
to discontinue compiler development.
What in the /world/ would even make you entertain such a clearly,
utterly ridiculous notion?
For example, if Delphi is so much better than VS,
how come the .NET target platform for Together Technologies
is Microsoft VS?
Because they can make money doing it, more than likely.
I know there are parts of Together built in Delphi,
but those are rather limited.
And very likely expanding as we speak.
I am just using this as an example of indication where priorities are,
not advocating development of the Together technology in particular.
Don't confuse "priority" with "opportunity".
--

"Nick Hodges (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
TObject writes:
>That is of course unless there is a decision
>to discontinue compiler development.
What in the /world/ would even make you entertain such a clearly,
utterly ridiculous notion?
Just asking. There was a decision to use Microsoft's compiler
for C# builder. So why can not there be a decision to discontinue
in-house compilers and rely solely on those of Microsoft?
>For example, if Delphi is so much better than VS,
>how come the .NET target platform for Together Technologies
>is Microsoft VS?
Because they can make money doing it, more than likely.
Ok, nothing wrong with wanting to make some $$$...
>I know there are parts of Together built in Delphi,
>but those are rather limited.
And very likely expanding as we speak.
Let's call it good.
>I am just using this as an example of indication where priorities are,
>not advocating development of the Together technology in particular.
Don't confuse "priority" with "opportunity".
If "A" goes before "B", that is "priority" in my book.