Re: Synchronized Browser and HTML Source split pane component

2007-01-12 01:16:44 PM
delphi111
I did see one set of components at one point (a year or so ago) that
looked pretty cool and did exactly what you are asking for. And it
wasn't too expensive. The bad news is I have no idea where I saw it.
But it is out there.

Re: Synchronized Browser and HTML Source split pane component

Jeff
You might be able to utilise HTMLViewer to do the job
- www.pbear.com
HTH
Steve

Re: Synchronized Browser and HTML Source split pane component

I am looking to be able to locate a component that would be a split window
with an enbededed browser rendering HTML in one and the source to that
page in the other pane. When a user moves the cursor in either pane they
both keep in sync and display the spot in code and browser.
Has anyone seen this implemented in any applications? I'd imagine
Dreamweaver can do this.
But I am hoping to find a 3rd party component that will do this. Anyone
know of any?
Or does anyone have any great strategies on how I might code this?
I thought a little about it but it could be very tricky. Say someone
clicks on a text item, maybe it occurs in many places, but maybe I can
grab some of the surrounding text or html source if multiple hits, but
this seems like it could become very processor intensive. I do own the
HyperString library which does do very fast text searches in strings.