Re: A thank you to Borland

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:20:09 +0100, Ingvar Nilsen
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
The fact that people criticizes and air their disappointment doesn't
necessarily mean that they don't love Delphi,
No one disputes this, and it is put forth most often as a strawman
argument.
Nick Hodges - TeamB
Lemanix Corporation
Please always follow the newsgroup guidelines --
www.borland.com/newsgroups

Re: A thank you to Borland

"Ingvar Nilsen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Maybe, but we are not that different, neither you nor I, none of us
would watch the evening news if they put the same emphasizes on
everything that went well today as on that which went wrong.
I come here to read interesting posts, and there are may of those
indeed, the one in question not. But that is no problem, I can ignore
it, as I do with many other posts here.
I don't watch the evening news precisely because the spin is almost always
negative. Who needs that? I would rather work with Delphi.
BTW, I am very happy with Delphi, have used it for 8 years, it has meant
more to me and my profession and my personal success than most other
factors. And I actually posted a few of prize messages during the years,
but with almost no response at all.
Now that is more like it!
I just couldn't resist the temptation to comment on this :)
The fact that people criticizes and air their disappointment doesn't
necessarily mean that they don't love Delphi, I think Borland gets the
message every time they receive my money ;-)
When I was at a BorCon in '97, there was a large session with the Delphi
team. When they were introduced, there was standing ovation and I am pretty
sure that meant a whole lot to them.

Re: A thank you to Borland

Alexander Adam writes:
I started with good old Turbo Pascal and loved it.
Well, I started with COBOL on mainframes, then moved to MS-Access VBA
apps before discovering Delphi. it is no wonder it was love at first
sight for me :-)
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: A thank you to Borland

Same Here!!
"JoeH" <JoeH__at__hqters.com>writes
Dear Borland,

For me (and others, I suspect), it gets very
frustrating to see so many negative posts
about Delphi/Borland; some very constructive,
but many pure FUD.

So, even though this thread will invariably
draw the worst of the whiners, here goes:

1. I make a nice living using Delphi 7 - THANK YOU.
2. I like the changes from Delphi 6 to D7(Delphi
just keeps getting better) - THANK YOU.
3. My DFDN will be a nice bridge to .Net - THANK YOU.
4. Based on the past, I know I will like
D8 for W32 - THANK YOU in advance.

JoeH

Re: A thank you to Borland

On 12 Dec 2003 10:07:19 -0700, William Meyer
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I am also a priduct of the American educational system, though not in
its recent decline. My early education was still based largely on
time-honored methods that have since been deprecated by latter day
sycophants of the PC school.

My Father, a retired teacher, would agree. Round about 1980ish he noted a
sudden drop in quality in both students and new teachers.
Kevin
--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: www.opera.com/m2/

Re: A thank you to Borland

On 13-Dec-03, K. Sallee said:
My Father, a retired teacher, would agree. Round about 1980ish he
noted a sudden drop in quality in both students and new teachers.
I entered public school in the early fifties, and I could see a decline
in teaching while still in high school (of course, that was an
aggravated case, as my school was small, low-budget, and too near a
university whose main product was teachers <g>). There have been waves
in the decline, generally following the introduction of yet another
"improved approach" to teaching. Odd that teachers seem to find the
scientific method inapplicable to their own work...
--
Bill
--------

Re: A thank you to Borland

On 13 Dec 2003 12:11:36 -0700, William Meyer
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
There have been waves
in the decline, generally following the introduction of yet another
"improved approach" to teaching. Odd that teachers seem to find the
scientific method inapplicable to their own work...

How true. That takes me back to the conversations around the dinner table
of my father telling about the latest in-fad teaching theory from some
university think tank that he was suppose to adopt that year as mandated
from the school district.
Kevin
--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: www.opera.com/m2/

Re: A thank you to Borland

Yes!
Strongly Agree.
German Pablo Gentile.

Re: A thank you to Borland

"Vassilis Devletoglou" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escribi?en el mensaje
Yes keep posting stupid posts like this and Delphi 7 patch will be out in
3015.
Please, go away and start using Visual Studio...
You SURE will have a better future.
German.