BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

2006-01-24 07:42:34 PM
delphi223
Is it possible to have either BDS 2005 or 2006 installed on the same pc
as visual studio 2005?
Thanks
Graham.

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

"Graham Campbell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Is it possible to have either BDS 2005 or 2006 installed on the same pc as
visual studio 2005?
Yes. I have VS2003, VS2005, BDS2005, and BDS2006 all installed on the same
machine with no problems.
--Rob Roberts

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

>Is it possible to have either BDS 2005 or 2006 installed on the same pc as
>visual studio 2005?

Yes. I have VS2003, VS2005, BDS2005, and BDS2006 all installed on the same
machine with no problems.

--Rob Roberts

Is there a specific order that you need to install them in.
What about the problem with the help in BDS. Did you get that?

Rob Roberts writes:
>"Graham Campbell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>Is it possible to have either BDS 2005 or 2006 installed on the same pc
>>as visual studio 2005?
>
>Yes. I have VS2003, VS2005, BDS2005, and BDS2006 all installed on the
>same machine with no problems.
>
>--Rob Roberts

Is there a specific order that you need to install them in.
What about the problem with the help in BDS. Did you get that?
As a general rule, I always install all MS products (Office, VS etc.)
before installing the Borland products. This is because of a bad
experience with an MS Office installation.
I have VB6, VB2003 and VC# 2003 installed with all ten versions of
Delphi - all on the same machine. Everything works.
--
Charles Appel
charlesappel.home.mindspring.com/

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

>Is it possible to have either BDS 2005 or 2006 installed on the
>same pc as visual studio 2005?

Yes. I have VS2003, VS2005, BDS2005, and BDS2006 all installed on
the same machine with no problems.

--Rob Roberts
4 IDEs... 4 monitors? <g>
--
Best regards :)
Guillem Vicens Meier

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

>Yes. I have VS2003, VS2005, BDS2005, and BDS2006 all installed on
>the same machine with no problems.
>
>--Rob Roberts

4 IDEs... 4 monitors? <g>
No, only one monitor. I only use one IDE at a time. And actually, I never
use VS2003 or DBS2005 any more. I just haven't uninstalled them.
--Rob Roberts

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

Is there a specific order that you need to install them in.
What about the problem with the help in BDS. Did you get that?
I installed them in this order: BDS2005, VS2003, BDS2006, VS2005. And no, I
didn't get the problem with the Help in BDS. (Not sure why not, as I've
seen that problem mentioned lots of times here on the newsgroups.)
--Rob Roberts

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

"Rob Roberts" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Is there a specific order that you need to install them in.
>What about the problem with the help in BDS. Did you get that?

I installed them in this order: BDS2005, VS2003, BDS2006, VS2005. And no,
I didn't get the problem with the Help in BDS. (Not sure why not, as I've
seen that problem mentioned lots of times here on the newsgroups.)
Oops, sorry, I just realized that I was mistaken about the installation
order. I actually installed VS2003 before BDS2005. So the actual
installation order, including .NET frameworks, was: .NET Framework 1.1,
VS2003, BDS2005, BDS2006, .NET Framework 2.0, VS2005.
--Rob Roberts

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

>>Is there a specific order that you need to install them in.
>>What about the problem with the help in BDS. Did you get that?
>I installed them in this order: BDS2005, VS2003, BDS2006, VS2005. And no,
>I didn't get the problem with the Help in BDS. (Not sure why not, as I've
>seen that problem mentioned lots of times here on the newsgroups.)

Oops, sorry, I just realized that I was mistaken about the installation
order. I actually installed VS2003 before BDS2005. So the actual
installation order, including .NET frameworks, was: .NET Framework 1.1,
VS2003, BDS2005, BDS2006, .NET Framework 2.0, VS2005.

--Rob Roberts

Cheers.
Do the 2 versions of the .net framework live happily together?
As in can you develop Delphi.net 1.1 apps and VS.net 2.0 apps and have
them running on same machine?

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

"Graham Campbell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Do the 2 versions of the .net framework live happily together?
As in can you develop Delphi.net 1.1 apps and VS.net 2.0 apps and have
them running on same machine?
Yes, the two versions get along just fine. I haven't actually developed any
Delphi.net 1.1 apps, but I have developed C# 1.1 and 2.0 apps, and they are
fine running on the same machine.
--Rob Roberts

Re:BDS 2005, BDS 2006, VS 2005

>Do the 2 versions of the .net framework live happily together?
>As in can you develop Delphi.net 1.1 apps and VS.net 2.0 apps and have
>them running on same machine?

Yes, the two versions get along just fine. I haven't actually developed any
Delphi.net 1.1 apps, but I have developed C# 1.1 and 2.0 apps, and they are
fine running on the same machine.

--Rob Roberts

Cheers,
found that really helpful.