QRDesigner

2007-03-02 10:47:29 PM
delphi272
Hi
BDS2006 Upd 2
WinXP
Can anyone help me?
I have QRDesigner (add-on to QuickReport), sold by www.thsd.de (Timo
Hartmann)
I now want to implement this in connection to ADO dataset components
(apparently these only supports BDE).
I do not find any sample programs that demonstrates the use of ADO dataset
components.
Anders

Re:QRDesigner

En/na Anders Balslev ha escrit:
Hi

BDS2006 Upd 2
WinXP

Can anyone help me?

I have QRDesigner (add-on to QuickReport), sold by www.thsd.de (Timo
Hartmann)

I now want to implement this in connection to ADO dataset components
(apparently these only supports BDE).

I do not find any sample programs that demonstrates the use of ADO dataset
components.

Anders

The domain www.thsd.de is out. Anyone know what happens with QrDesign???
Pere

Re:QRDesigner

Pere Martinez writes:
En/na Anders Balslev ha escrit:
>Hi
>
>BDS2006 Upd 2
>WinXP
>
>Can anyone help me?
>
>I have QRDesigner (add-on to QuickReport), sold by www.thsd.de (Timo
>Hartmann)
>
>I now want to implement this in connection to ADO dataset components
>(apparently these only supports BDE).
>
>I do not find any sample programs that demonstrates the use of ADO dataset
>components.
>
>Anders

The domain www.thsd.de is out. Anyone know what happens with QrDesign???

Pere
I am a user too. It is a very good product but it looks like there is
no more support. If Qusoft was smart, they would buy it from the
developer and integrate it into Quick Reports. I'd be glad to pay
for upgrades if they were available.
The version I have (1.50) has support for a number of datasets including
ADO, although I have not used these other tables. I am using QuickReport Designer
with Halcyon datasets (for dBase tables).
I have stayed with QuickReport because QRDesigner allows me to offer end-user
design and ad-hoc reporting. The only other such designer for QuickReport is
also not supported any longer. I need to modify the designer to allow
for double-spacing in reports and forms but am not sure how to do it.
Unfortunately, Hartmann did not implement his controls to directly
correspond with the QuickReport controls. I was able to get QuickReport to add
double-spacing capability to the QuickReport Expr. memo but Hartmann derived his
equivalent control from another component.
Has anybody done any modifications to QuickReport Designer?