ADO and Excel calculated cells

2007-07-27 09:53:35 AM
delphi278
Hi,
After surfing the Net and finding a very good
tutorial in getting Delphi to open an Excel
spreadsheet via ADOQuery, I have come across
a problem.
Can someone tell me how I can get the value of
a cell to display if the cell contains a
function such as ROUND(A3/2.0,-1)?
Or do I have to do the calculations myself to
generate the values? This is ok if the
calculations are all based on the same row,
but if the calculations are based on different
rows, then it'd be very cumbersome.
Any help appreciated.
Edmund

Re:ADO and Excel calculated cells

Hi,
As a quick addendum, I even debugged the code
and inspected the field for that particular
cell and the value that is shown in that cell
doesn't come up on any of the properties.
Thanks.

Edmund writes::

As a quick addendum, I even debugged the code
and inspected the field for that particular
cell and the value that is shown in that cell
doesn't come up on any of the properties.
Well, I should've searched harder. Thanks to the
"Null values when reading excel with Ado :-("
thread, I went to connectionstrings.com and found
the answer I was looking for.
I had missed "IMEX=1" in the conneciton string.
Edmund