Re: Free PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL De{*word*81} Client version 1.0 Available(BuiltwithDelphi)

2008-03-10 09:26:24 PM
delphi125
Eduardo A. Salgado writes:
Let me be among the first to say: Congratulations!

Of course, what normally follows is: When will you have a version for
<Firebird>? ;-)

Hi,
Well this particular program uses the server side de{*word*81} that you can
install on a 8.2 and up PostgreSQL server.
Does Firebird have a server side De{*word*81}?
As far as the main Lightning Admin program, I am currently porting it to
C# (I shouldn't mention C# here but oh well) and the first version
will support PostgreSQL and MySQL from the same IDE. But since it's
using ADO.net data providers it would be pretty easy to add Firebird
Support to it and more than likely Firebird will be the third RDBMS
added to Lightning Admin 2.0.
Later,
Tony

Re: Free PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL De{*word*81} Client version 1.0 Available(BuiltwithDelphi)

Hi Tony
As far as the main Lightning Admin program, I am currently porting it to
C#
why port to C#? any marketing rule ? ;)
Ricardo

Re: Free PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL De{*word*81} Client version 1.0 Available(BuiltwithDelphi)

Ricardo Cardona R writes:
Hi Tony
>As far as the main Lightning Admin program, I am currently porting it
>to C#

why port to C#? any marketing rule ? ;)

Ricardo
No marketing rule. Mainly doing it for job/career safety.
There are 0 jobs available for Delphi in the Milwaukee area and the one
that does pop up now and then is for maintaining old applications.
Basically one of my goals for the year is to become proficient in C# and
a good way to do that was do a port of LA to c# :-)
I am finding I like c# a lot, however some things are still far easier
to do in Delphi. I probably would have done the port in Delphi.net, but
they got rid of the win form support in D2007.
Later,
Tony

Re: Free PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL De{*word*81} Client version 1.0 Available(BuiltwithDelphi)

>Of course, what normally follows is: When will you have a version for
><Firebird>? ;-)

Hi,
Well this particular program uses the server side de{*word*81} that you can
install on a 8.2 and up PostgreSQL server.

Does Firebird have a server side De{*word*81}?
No, not yet.
--
Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server

Martijn Tonies writes:
>>Of course, what normally follows is: When will you have a version for
>><Firebird>? ;-)
>>

>Hi,
>Well this particular program uses the server side de{*word*81} that you can
>install on a 8.2 and up PostgreSQL server.
>
>Does Firebird have a server side De{*word*81}?

No, not yet.

Thanks for the info Martijn.
Sounds like it is in future plans though?
Later,
Tony

Re: Free PostgreSQL PL/pgSQL De{*word*81} Client version 1.0 Available(BuiltwithDelphi)

>>>Of course, what normally follows is: When will you have a version for
>>><Firebird>? ;-)
>>>

>>Hi,
>>Well this particular program uses the server side de{*word*81} that you can
>>install on a 8.2 and up PostgreSQL server.
>>
>>Does Firebird have a server side De{*word*81}?
>
>No, not yet.

Thanks for the info Martijn.

Sounds like it is in future plans though?
It is, but I am not expecting it anytime soon ;-)