Re: Anyone using Apollo anymore?

2006-02-18 03:26:23 AM
delphi269
Advantage Local Server works great with DBF files and it is free. Give it a
try.
As alternative, you may check the Halcyon or freeware TDBF. Both supports
the FoxPro/CDX

Re: Anyone using Apollo anymore?

From the VistaDb web site:
"After many years and thousands of man hours of work, it is clear that
our commitment to VistaDB and .NET has paid off. We believe so firmly
in this vision that we have invested all of our resources perfecting
VistaDB at the expense of our award-winning Apollo Xbase product line.
*After 5 years, Apollo has been officially put in maintenance mode in
order to clear the way for an exciting long-term future with VistaDB
and .NET.* "
Matthew Tilles writes:
Is anyone using apollo for dbf/cdx anymore. It seems I cannot
upgrade past Delphi 6 as this one tool seems to be no longer
supported. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Matthew

Re: Anyone using Apollo anymore?

RE: FoxPro uses the own mechanism for record locking which is not compatible
with ADO. So your program and FoxPro's app will not work in same time as I
understand.
This has not been my experience, we have used FoxPro's native access along
with Delphi using ADO and have never had a collision reported..
Robert Baker

Mike Shkolnik writes:
>Advantage Local Server works great with DBF files and it is free.
>Give it a try.
As alternative, you may check the Halcyon or freeware TDBF. Both
supports the FoxPro/CDX
Please note that last one (TDbf) does not have CDX support.

In article <43f5f9b8$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Matthew Tilles writes:
Is anyone using apollo for dbf/cdx anymore. It seems I cannot upgrade past
Delphi 6 as this one tool seems to be no longer supported. Is anyone else
in the same situation?
Hmm, the last Version (6.1) is ok for Delphi 7 and it runs stable when us
avoid to use the SQL-Stuff.
Gru?aus den Bergen
GŁnter

Re: Anyone using Apollo anymore?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, David McCallum writes:
He is available on Skype, get the details somewhere on www.vistadb.com.
Maybe if enough people badger him personally over the phone, things may
happen. I'd hold my breath.

He even suspended the newsgroup where there was great peer support.
More people should request the comeback of the NG.
Gru?aus den Bergen
GŁnter

Re: Anyone using Apollo anymore?

In article <43f61e1a$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Dg writes:
There has been a few Appolo questions on their forum but they get
deleted before they get answered.
I can not believe this :(
I think they should sell or give Apollo to someone who cares about their
customers.
Thats not possible for them.
Gru?aus den Bergen
GŁnter

Re: Anyone using Apollo anymore?

I've NEVER used either and personally am glad of it. However, your
thoughts are in many a mind nowadays I am sure. I know that I couldn't
ever trust a vendor such as this.
--
Regards,
Jan Ferguson
Matthew Tilles writes:
How could anyone want to build on VistaDB after they just close up
Apollo leaving all their users out in the cold - I do see a need to
go client/server on some of my apps but I just can not imagine using
Vista if this is how they treat all their loyal customers.

"J. B. Ferguson" <jbNOSPAMfergusonATgmailDOTcom>writes
>From the VistaDb web site:
>
>"After many years and thousands of man hours of work, it is clear
>that our commitment to VistaDB and .NET has paid off. We believe so
>firmly in this vision that we have invested all of our resources
>perfecting VistaDB at the expense of our award-winning Apollo Xbase
>product line. *After 5 years, Apollo has been officially put in
>maintenance mode in order to clear the way for an exciting
>long-term future with VistaDB and .NET.* "
>

>Matthew Tilles writes:
>
>>Is anyone using apollo for dbf/cdx anymore. It seems I cannot
>>upgrade past Delphi 6 as this one tool seems to be no longer
>>supported. Is anyone else in the same situation?
>
>Matthew
Matthew

Re: Anyone using Apollo anymore?

How could anyone want to build on VistaDB after they just close up Apollo
leaving all their users out in the cold - I do see a need to go
client/server on some of my apps but I just can not imagine using Vista if
this is how they treat all their loyal customers.
"J. B. Ferguson" <jbNOSPAMfergusonATgmailDOTcom>writes
From the VistaDb web site: