JVCL-JvRuntimeDesign package

2005-09-24 11:30:45 AM
delphi23
Obones posted a note on Project JEDI that the subject package would contain
a component to allow reporting from within an application.
Can this be installed as a separate package on top of the latest JVCL?. (I
just can not use the CVS :-( )
If so, how can I get it without downloading the daily.zip from the cvs.
TIA
Malcolm

Re:JVCL-JvRuntimeDesign package

Malcolm Cheyne writes:
Obones posted a note on Project JEDI that the subject package would contain
a component to allow reporting from within an application.
I think you mean designing. And that is correct, JvRuntimeDesign
combines a new designer, much like Delphi's form designer, but written
from scratch (since you'd never be allowed to use the original designer
in your application), with the already existing JvInspector (which has
been moved from it is original package to this new package.

Can this be installed as a separate package on top of the latest JVCL?. (I
just can not use the CVS :-( )
Don't know; if things haven't changed to much (ie. changes in JCL
that have led to changes in JVCL), you might be able to use the web CVS
interface (cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jvcl/dev/JVCL3/) The
sub folders should contain the files you will need to get.
Again, there's no guarantee it'll work, but you can always try.
--
Marcel Bestebroer (Team JEDI) delphi-jedi.org
Project JEDI Help coordinator

Re:JVCL-JvRuntimeDesign package

Thanks Marcel
Thanks for that link. I had actually been in there yesterday looking for
the package but "got lost" :-)
You are, of course, correct when you say a designer.
Malcolm
"Marcel Bestebroer" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Malcolm Cheyne writes:
>Obones posted a note on Project JEDI that the subject package would
>contain a component to allow reporting from within an application.

I think you mean designing. And that is correct, JvRuntimeDesign
combines a new designer, much like Delphi's form designer, but written
from scratch (since you'd never be allowed to use the original designer in
your application), with the already existing JvInspector (which has been
moved from it is original package to this new package.

>Can this be installed as a separate package on top of the latest JVCL?.
>(I just can not use the CVS :-( )

Don't know; if things haven't changed to much (ie. changes in JCL that
have led to changes in JVCL), you might be able to use the web CVS
interface (cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jvcl/dev/JVCL3/) The sub
folders should contain the files you will need to get.

Again, there's no guarantee it'll work, but you can always try.

--
Marcel Bestebroer (Team JEDI) delphi-jedi.org
Project JEDI Help coordinator
JEDI.NET team coordinator

To mail me, remove the obvious from my mail address

Re:JVCL-JvRuntimeDesign package

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:34:03 +0200, Marcel Bestebroer
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Malcolm Cheyne writes:
>Obones posted a note on Project JEDI that the subject package would contain
>a component to allow reporting from within an application.

I think you mean designing. And that is correct, JvRuntimeDesign
combines a new designer, much like Delphi's form designer, but written
from scratch (since you'd never be allowed to use the original designer
in your application), with the already existing JvInspector (which has
been moved from it is original package to this new package.

>Can this be installed as a separate package on top of the latest JVCL?. (I
>just can not use the CVS :-( )

Don't know; if things haven't changed to much (ie. changes in JCL
that have led to changes in JVCL), you might be able to use the web CVS
interface (cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jvcl/dev/JVCL3/) The
sub folders should contain the files you will need to get.

Again, there's no guarantee it'll work, but you can always try.
Is this package in the current JVCL 3.00 ? I cannot seem to find it.
There are numerous property editors but not an actual JvRuntimeDesign
that I can see. also the inspector still seems to be in it is own
package

Re:JVCL-JvRuntimeDesign package

Can this be installed as a separate package on top of the latest JVCL?.
(I just can not use the CVS :-( )

If so, how can I get it without downloading the daily.zip from the cvs.

Maybe if I ask the right question I'd get the right answers !!
homepages.borland.com/jedi/jvcl/
Not everybody is familiar with all these links ....
OK after a few days of educating myself I have managed to download the latest
zip complete with BUG !!
JvAppStorage.pas (976) Undelcared Identifier "MoveChar". I couldn't find
that procedure anywhere in JCL/JVCL
I removed comments on previous line and commented out 976 and it all
compiled and installed.
I'll now wait for an "official" fix.
Malcolm

Re:JVCL-JvRuntimeDesign package

I suspect the BUG was caused by not having the latest version of the JCL !!
"Malcolm Cheyne" <malcolm*on*the*road*@sbca.com.au>writes