Re: New Delphi Product Manager

Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo) writes:
I can say with great assurance that this is not going to happen.
Cool Nick. Your first official definitive statement as a Borlander.
Keep 'em coming! :-)

David Farrell-Garcia writes:
Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo) writes:

>I can say with great assurance that this is not going to happen.

Cool Nick. Your first official definitive statement as a Borlander.
Keep 'em coming! :-)
Lol, yeah!
If you had to be cautious of being quoted before, now you need to be
*really* careful :-)
--
Robin.
"He who treats the database as a flat-file repository of data is doomed

Re: New Delphi Product Manager

David Farrell-Garcia writes:
Cool Nick. Your first official definitive statement as a Borlander.
Keep 'em coming! :-)
Not like I am really going out on a limb on that one. ;-)
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - DevCo

Re: New Delphi Product Manager

"Nick Hodges [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Borland finally went and hired a new Delphi Product Manager. He seems
like a pretty cool guy. Oh, wait, it is me!
Does this mean a move for you from the Land of Lakes to the Land of Flakes?
Snow flakes, that is, as Mt. Whitney gets more snow than anywhere else in
the Untied St8s.
--
Be the first one on your block to read the uproariously hilarious novel "the
Zany Time Travels of Warble McGorkle" (Book 2 in a trilogy). Download it

Ingvar Nilsen writes:

>The most exciting days happen today, just now. You will realize
>that, ... much later :-)

:-) Good one Invar. I just hope by then I have enough brain cells
left to enjoy looking back on today.
No problem. Myself, I have been senile as long as I can remember!
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re: New Delphi Product Manager

Anders Isaksson writes:
But who will fill the 'Nick Hole' on the newsgroups now that you
changed sides?
Isn't that what dentists do, all day long? <g>
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re: New Delphi Product Manager

Where's Rudy when you need him?
<g>
"Ingvar Nilsen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Ingvar Nilsen writes:

I have been senile as long as I can remember!
LOL.
--
Wayne Niddery - Winwright, Inc (www.winwright.ca)
"Those who disdain wealth as a worthy goal for an individual or a

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
No problem. Myself, I have been senile as long as I can remember!
That one definitely belongs in Rudy's quote file, if it is not there already.
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

Re: New Delphi Product Manager

Captain Jake writes:
Is that a real position? Wow, have I missed my calling.
Yes. David I for example is "Chief Evangelist" as one of his titles.
I'm a "Senior Evangelist" as one of mine, too.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: New Delphi Product Manager

"Nick Hodges [TeamB]" writes:
Borland finally went and hired ... me!
Congratulations, Nick. it is a long way from comp.lang.pascal to the
Delphi Product Manager. I know you will give it your all, and that
should be good for both you and dear old Delphi.
I have a question, though. In some of your messages as pm, you've
seemed very nativist. Are you the pm, or the native pm? Is there a DfN
pm trying as hard to make Delphi into a language for new .NET
development as you are trying to make native the best it can be?
--
Delphi skills make .NET easy to learn
.NET 2.0 for Delphi Programmers <www.midnightbeach.com/.net>

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
I'm a "Senior Evangelist" as one of mine, too.
Senior citizen ;-)
--
Tim Jarvis
Product Evangelist ("DevCo")

Captain Jake writes:
"Bruce McGee" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>That's 20%. You're still going to lose, though.

I hope so.
More good news:
blogs.borland.com/abauer/archive/2006/06/16/25352.aspx
--
Wayne Niddery - Winwright, Inc (www.winwright.ca)
"Light is faster than sound, which is why some folks appear bright

Re: New Delphi Product Manager

"Wayne Niddery [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<44943f1f$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>

>More good news:
>blogs.borland.com/abauer/archive/2006/06/16/25352.aspx

Wow.

I never knew that Borland had actually end-of-life'd JDatastore.
Borland had... recently DevCo (or the Developer Tools Group) has rescinded
that edict.
--
Allen Bauer
DevCo Chief Scientist

Re: New Delphi Product Manager

Tim Jarvis [DevCo] writes:
Senior citizen ;-)
Ah, talking back to people with seniority now, eh? that is a risky
proposition!
So, Mr. Product Evangelist, when am I going to see something new from
you for BDN? :P