How to create nice images

2006-01-27 09:21:49 PM
delphi76
Hi all,
As for today most application are suited with nice 3D look images on button
etc. etc......does any body know how those can be created....
Thanks in advance,
bart

Re:How to create nice images

If you're in the purchasing mood, check out : www.glyfx.com
They also have the XP Common Toolbar Icon Set for FREE.
Hi all,

As for today most application are suited with nice 3D look images on button
etc. etc......does any body know how those can be created....

Thanks in advance,

bart

Re:How to create nice images

If you're in the purchasing mood....

No I am not in the mood.....but thanks anyway :)

Re:How to create nice images

Simply look for "stock icons" in youir favorite search engine.
Also, take a look at the icons available for linux, a lot are free and
some are really nice.
And not forget for check Mac OS X sample applications, some are really nice.
If you have skills using photoshop, exist tutorials in how made nice
icons, but I think is best go for already made collections, except if
your application is out of the normal...
--
Mutis: The open source indexing/search engine for Delphi
(Alpha stage: Developers Wanted!)

Re:How to create nice images

1. Draw and scan your images
2. Convert them to vectors
3. Edit with Adobe Illustrator or freehand
"Bart" <@>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

Bart writes:
Hi all,

As for today most application are suited with nice 3D look images on button
etc. etc......does any body know how those can be created....
Hi Bart,
If you have Delphi 2005 or 2006, you will find a special edition of our
XP icon library already installed on your system :)
--
David Ridgway : Manager
glyFX : Icons & graphics for developers : www.glyfx.com

Re:How to create nice images

"Bart" <@>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Hi all,

As for today most application are suited with nice 3D look images on
button etc. etc......does any body know how those can be created....

Thanks in advance,

bart

Creating Windows XP Icons
msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

Re:How to create nice images

No I am not in the mood.....but thanks anyway :)
Actually glyfx have a good article on their site about how to do what you've
asked.
Oliver Townshend

Re:How to create nice images

As for today most application are suited with nice 3D look images on
button
etc. etc......does any body know how those can be created....
There's an article (which I thought was elsewhere, so apologies for prior
post) on the MSDN site called 'Creating Windows XP Icons' which should give
you everything you need.

Bart writes:
As for today most application are suited with nice 3D look images on button
etc. etc......does any body know how those can be created....
I use Xara X for graphics related stuff in general. The latest version
is now called "Xara Xtreme". Take a look at some of the demos here:
www.xara.com/products/xtreme/demos/default.asp
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re:How to create nice images

"Kevin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I use Xara X for graphics related stuff in general. The latest version is
now called "Xara Xtreme".
And it is to be open-sourced quite soon.
See www.xaraxtreme.org/
regards
Mike

Re:How to create nice images

Mike B writes:
And it is to be open-sourced quite soon.

See www.xaraxtreme.org/

regards
Mike
True. Personally I think it is worth paying for (I did a while back).
I'm not sure how exactly it will work with the open-sourcing but from
what I understand the open-source versions are for Linux & Mac.
It is a very slick graphics product. In my experience nothing updates
the display as fast.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re:How to create nice images

Kevin writes:
>See www.xaraxtreme.org/
True. Personally I think it is worth paying for (I did a while back). I'm
not sure how exactly it will work with the open-sourcing but from what I
understand the open-source versions are for Linux & Mac.
This is what they say in th efirst paragraph at the above site
<quote>
Xara is pleased to announce that it intends to make its flagship graphics
product, Xara X (in its latest and greatest incarnation, Xara Xtreme),
Open Source. Xara is also working to bring it to the Linux and Mac
platforms.
</quote>
My interp is that they will opensource current Windows version and
then the others will follow.
Adem,

Re:How to create nice images

I have seen the demo and Xara seems the way to go.....thanks all
bart

Re:How to create nice images

Hi!
Adem writes:
My interp is that they will opensource current Windows version and
then the others will follow.
www.xaraxtreme.org/faqs.html
"Why isn't it free on Windows?"
Robert