FTP over secure shell connection??

I've posted on this before, but did not appear to be understood.
I'm not looking for SSL.

what i'm looking for is how to allow my ftp client to communicate with an
ftp server through a secure shell connection.

CuteFTP pro can do exactly that.
It connects to port 22 by default, and allows selection of what encryption
algo's to use.

i would like to be able to use my own ftp program... its annoying that i
have one site i go to fairly regularly that
i have to use a specific client app for.

if there's a way to do this with INDY, or if it could be added to the future
features list that'd be great.

anyone know?  Anyone have any tips on what I can do?  or where I can go for
more info?

TIA,

Chris

Re:FTP over secure shell connection??

Try making a telnet server and do the secure shell connection to it to see
what CuteFTP is doing.
Chances are that they are clear texting some type of encryption negotiation,
then sending all other commands.

"Chris Gibson" <cgib...@simple.com> wrote in message

> I've posted on this before, but did not appear to be understood.
> I'm not looking for SSL.

> what i'm looking for is how to allow my ftp client to communicate with an
> ftp server through a secure shell connection.

> CuteFTP pro can do exactly that.
> It connects to port 22 by default, and allows selection of what encryption
> algo's to use.

> i would like to be able to use my own ftp program... its annoying that i
> have one site i go to fairly regularly that
> i have to use a specific client app for.

> if there's a way to do this with INDY, or if it could be added to the
future
> features list that'd be great.

> anyone know?  Anyone have any tips on what I can do?  or where I can go
for
> more info?

> TIA,

> Chris