Command line build questions : MSBUILD console output is either wickedly verbose (compiling delphi .dprojs) or completely off.

The output when building a project (.dproj) from MSBUILD contains a very
long path:

Target CoreCompile:
    C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\dcc32.exe -B -I"C:\Progr
s\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib";"C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\
/[[...... twenty more lines just like this snipped..... ]]
/

Can I make that output go away? I can turn off the entire console
logging, but i want to see build success/failure, just not the
20 lines of "Target CoreCompile:" output and not the 10-15 blank lines
printed out after that. What's up with that anyways?

Warren

Re:Command line build questions : MSBUILD console output is either wickedly verbose (compiling delphi .dprojs) or completely off.

Warren Postma wrote:
> The output when building a project (.dproj) from MSBUILD contains a
> very long path:

> Target CoreCompile:
>    C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\dcc32.exe -B -I"C:\Progr
> s\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\lib";"C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\
> /[[...... twenty more lines just like this snipped..... ]]
> /

> Can I make that output go away? I can turn off the entire console
> logging, but i want to see build success/failure, just not the
> 20 lines of "Target CoreCompile:" output and not the 10-15 blank lines
> printed out after that. What's up with that anyways?

I figured that one out too: Quiet the DCC32 output like this:

        MSBuild /v:q    myproject.dproj

Apparently Update 3 of D2007 fixes the QA/QC bug reported that /v:q
didn't in turn generate the correct /q option to the DCC32.exe
commandline compiler, to quiet it up. It's fixed now. Yay.