BDE config - spaces in database names??

Hi chaps and chapesses.
I've just reloaded Delphi 2 onto W98 and for some reason the BDE will
not recognise a file name with spaces in it. It was working fine
before on W95.

Anyone know why? Did I do something before to make it work?

Tks for any help.

Bob

Re:BDE config - spaces in database names??

I had the same problem *with* Win 95!  If the database name, or the
path to it contained spaces it would not work so you would have to use
the 8.3 path/filename format.  Update to a later BDE release, perhaps
this will fix your problem.

W.

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:13:37 GMT, b...@zoilus.demon.co.uk (Bob Day)
wrote:

>Hi chaps and chapesses.
>I've just reloaded Delphi 2 onto W98 and for some reason the BDE will
>not recognise a file name with spaces in it. It was working fine
>before on W95.

>Anyone know why? Did I do something before to make it work?

>Tks for any help.

>Bob

Other Threads